Chapter 7: New beginnings

Liz sat in Bob's library. She was reading a book, while using her leg to push and pull herself and the chair using the wall. She felt slightly irritated, listening to Feng cleaning.

Usually, it wouldn't bother her, but the sound combined with the noise the rain was making outside got on her nerves.

It was raining. It's been raining for few days now.

"It's been raining for hours!" She stated, frustrated. Bob, who was picking a book from the shelves beside her, turned to her.

"What? You don't like it?" The author asked out of curiosity. He pulled the book he needed, and opened it. "I find it relaxing." He said as he sipped a cup of coffee.

"See it however you want. I don't like it." She said. "Can you imagine what it would be like to fight someone who has lightning powers? Absolutely horrifying. I would totally run."

"Well, you're in luck. I heard lightning users are rare." He stated, as he sat at his desk.

"And who told you that? The pretty boy over there?" Liz snickered, then regretted her words when Feng stared in surprise.

"Pretty boy?" He pointed at himself, and Liz grimaced.

"Don't let any ideas get in your head please."

The author just laughed, before turning a page of his book. The blonde glanced at him, then at her book, before closing it and turning fully towards the wizard.

"Why do you collect books? I'm sure wizards have more interesting things to do" She asked.

"Knowledge is power." He stated, without looking up. "If you don't learn more about the world, even your powers won't take you far."

"That's okay. Even if they fail me, I still have Jack and Romeo." She said with a smile.

"People come and go." The author said with a sad tone. "You can't stop them from walking away and in the end, only the memories last."

She stared as she processed his words. She then turned back to her first position, opening the book in her hands. "Then tell me, what great secrets did you find out about my demon blood?" The man looked at her in surprise, before answering.

"You're a half demon." He stated, and she gave him an unimpressed look."By that I mean literally. You have almost 50% of human blood, and the rest is demon.The color of the veins indicates the amount of demon blood, and yours are purple. It's rare to find a first generation half demon anymore." He explained.

"Makes sense, considering the history between the two races." She muttered.

"You possess the same power as a pure blood demon, and I'm willing to bet that your Penergy comes from a powerful human."

"Maybe, but I never met my parents. Apparently, they left me at an old dirty temple." She closed her book and sighed. "It doesn't matter anyway." She said, more to herself, than to the man she was speaking to.

"You are an example of a bond that humans and demons could have had. If this connection existed thousands of years ago, there wouldn't have been a war. Then again, humans wouldn't possess Penergy..." The author said, before he put away his book as well. "I hope that one day, you will find it in yourself to be proud of who and what you are, Liz."

She said nothing.

The rain didn't stop.

"Hey Liz!" Romeo walked in, his eyes focusing on Feng, as if scared that he would blow him out of the building with his wind again. "Hey uh... author." He greeted, lacking his usual cheerfulness.