Chapter 13: To be like you part 2

Nosaru felt her heart stop as she stared at her brother. Her head was filled with questions.

Why was he here? How did he get here? How is her father going to react?

"Sis?" Ryu turned to her confused, once Liz let him go. "What is this place?"

Yuki and Tara gasped while Liz was still confused about everything. Everyone in the room started glancing at each other and whispering. Those whispers were too distracting for the blue haired girl.

Her mind went blank and she couldn't answer. She was startled when her sister stood between her and Ryu. Aiko was out of breath, she was panting as if she was running.

"To dad's... office" she managed to say between her rushed breaths. She took her brother by the hand. He followed her silently, feeling confused and scared from all the stares he was receiving.

Nosaru ignored them and followed her siblings.

"What was that about?" Liz asked with a frown while Yuki and Tara stared at her wondering how someone could be so clueless.

It wasn't until they reached the hallway, that the blue haired girl found her voice again. "How is he here? How did dad find out?"

"Well he called me and asked why I was late... I told him I didn't find my tablet... And he made the conclusion." Aiko said after finally regaining her breath. She ran a hand through her hair, avoiding eye contact with her sister.

"How could you just forget your tablet?!" Nosaru exclaimed.

Aiko stopped, took a deep breath then turned to her and started counting her fingers. "I go to work, I do the housework, and I also have to come here! Do you seriously expect me to remember anything anymore?"

"Um... Please don't fight!" Ryu intervened, as the two glared at each other. "I... Know everything. I heard you talking about it. I want to have cool powers too. I want to be like you." His expression lit up towards the end, but Nosaru's only darkened.

"No you don't." Nosaru said with a forceful tone. Her sister touched her arm and nodded towards the door.

Aiko opened the door and the three entered the office. Hiroshi was sitting at his desk, signing some papers. He stopped and looked at them.

Nosaru looked down.

"Ryu." He address the child calmly, but both girls noticed the sternness in his voice. "How did you come here?" He asked, looking back at his work.

"I found this... A-and I clicked on some button that brought me here." Ryu answered, his hands holding into the tips of his shirt. "Can I be like everyone here? Can I be helpful too?" He asked with a bright smile.

Hirsohi didn't smile back. He gave his daughters a look that told them to leave. The blue haired girl wanted to protest but decided against it, and followed Aiko outside.

Once they were alone, she kept pacing around, not bothering to hide her worry while her sister rested against the wall.

"How can you be so calm?" Nosaru asked.

"I'm sure he'll make the right decision." The older sister answered, but her words only made the blue haired girl more upset.

"Is the right decision throwing him into this dangerous life?! Is that his way of protecting him?"

"Aren't you being a hypocrite right now?" Aiko said with the slightest hint of anger which caught Nosaru off guard. "You both think that what you're doing is right and that it's the best for everyone. The truth is that you're not giving Ryu the right to choose. He might be too young to make decisions, but the day he makes one, I'll respect it. I won't hold him back."