Chapter 3

I call a taxi home. I ran inside to Brandon. I kissed him. He asked what was wrong and I just said "I missed you." I just wanted to figure out how I felt about him. When I kissed him...I realized my love for him isn't the real kind. It's not the kind I would fight for. I tried talking myself out of that thought but I know it's true. Mason was right. There's something missing. I told Brandon I need to go get food. He offered to join me but I said no. I got into a different taxi and went to Mason's. I knocked on the door. He opened it and I looked him in the eyes and I said, you were right. I turned around and started walking back to the elevator, he turned me around and kissed me. It was the best feeling in the whole word. We made out for a good 2 mintues. He brought me inside and I spilled to him.

Kylie: "I thought I was over you, I thought I moved on. I was so wrong and I never wanted to lose you. I need you Mason, I still love you. This one day with you just made me fall in love with you even more. I don't see myself with anyone else.

I began to tear up.

Mason: "I feel the exact same way. I wish you saw this sooner. I love you so much Ky. I never stopped. I missed you. Please don't cry this is a good thing for us.
Kylie: "What do I do about Bran-
Mason: "Shh ky just think about now.

He began to come closer to me and he kissed my forehead. He said "We won't do anything tonight. I'm here. I'm going to wait for you. Right here. Now go home and don't think of me too much. Come back to me when everything is figured out, I love you."

I went home. I'm glad I figured myself out. It happened all so fast.

When I got home I saw Brandon sleeping on the couch. There was a note on the counter that said "Love you babe hope you're food was great, I'm probably sleeping." He is really cute, I don't deserve it. I'm a cheater. I'm a liar. How am I ever going to tell him. I decided to text Mason...

"Hey, this happened so soon it's going to take me a while to tell Brandon. Please don't be mad. It's really hard for me."

He replied "It's okay I understand Ky. I'm not going to stop wearing."

This reassured me. I'm going to take my time with this.
The Next Morning

Brandon's P.O.V
When Kylie came home last night and kissed me and it made me happy. It made me feel like I could really trust her. She never kissed me like that. I hope she felt the same about it. I'm sure she did. Why am I so lucky? She seems down today though. I wonder what's going on. I'll just take her out today.

Brandon: "KYYYLIEEEE"
Kylie: "what do you wannntt."
Brandon: "we're going to the beach. Get dressed."

Kylies P.O.V
Not going to lie I love the beach. I'm not really in the mood but for him, I'll go.

"Ring ring"

I got a text from Mason...

"hey ky I was hoping we could do something today."
I replied with "I cant, Brandon is taking me to Venice beach."
He said "I'll just happen to show up then. Text me what street you go on."

Am I really going to let him show up? Yes.... I'm awful. I texted Mason what street we were on and waited. Me and Brandon just sat in our beach chairs and talked and drank some beers. I'm trying to make him not like me as much. It's so hard. He's in love with me.

Finally Mason shows up. What took him so long?

Mason: "Hey guys weird seeing you here, what's up."
Brandon: (says under his breath) Oh great.
Kylie: "Mason hey I'm glad you showed up.
Mason: "Wanna go for a swim ky?"

I asked Brandon if it's okay and before he asnwered we started walking to the water. I know it's wrong. I feel like such a bad person.

Mason: "Damn Ky didn't know you were so rude."
Kylie: "was it that bad??"
Mason: "No I'm only kidding. Don't worry about it. You look really hot in that bathing suit by the way. You're also beautiful without all those extensions and makeup.

I wearing a lavender top with ties, I'm not sure how to explain it but it was cute. I was also just wearing some light pink bottoms.

Kylie: "Thanks M. Means a lot to me."

We went into the water and it was freezing. Mason jumped right in. I, on the other hand still had my boobs above water with my stomach sucked in as much as I could. Mason came over to me and picked me up from my waist and threw me. I can't believe he did that. I'm going to get him back. I went over to him from behind and jumped on his back and splashed water into his face. He tried picking me up again from my waist but he looked me in the eyes and I looked at him.... He whispered "I really want to kiss you right now ky." I responded "me too." We were really close when we were whispering so I pushed away and got out of the water. That was close.

Brandon's P.O.V
Watching them in the water together makes me so jealous. They're so comfortable with eachother. They look like a couple. I can't watch this. I called a taxi and started to head back to my apartment.

Kylies P.O.V
When I went back to our spot on the beach Brandon was gone. I texted him and asked where he was but he never answered. I wonder where he went.

Hours began to go by and I still had no response. All the sudden I got a call from Brandon's parents...

"Kylie?"
Kylie: "Yes?"
Brandon's parents: "I'm sorry to tell you this but Brandon was in a terrible accident on his way back to his apartment today in a taxi. He's alive but he's in critical condition. We aren't sure if he's going to make it. He would want you here. Please come by."

I hung up immediately and burst into tears. Mason asked what happened and I told him. He said he's sorry and that he'll be okay and I snapped.

"YOU DONT KNOW IF HE'LL BE OKAY. THIS IS ALL MY FAULT. HE LEFT THE BEACH BECAUSE OF US AND NOW HE MIGHT DIE."

I left and went straight to the hospital. When I went in they wouldn't let me see Brandon. Since I wasn't "Family." Can you believe that I had to wait in the waiting room for hours. I ending up falling asleep.

I woke up to my phone have so many messages from Mason

"Ky I'm sorry I was just trying to help."
"Please text me back"
"This isn't your fault."
"It's not my fault either"
"Please talk to me ky"

And so many more. I'm not answering. This is my fault. All the sudden Brandon's parents came out and said "He's going to live. They still won't let you see him but he'll be in bed rest tomorrow. I offered for him to stay at my apartment but they suggested he just went home for a while. I went home and there was a note on my door. "Please talk to me Ky:("

I texted Mason and said "Stop, this is over. I can't do it anymore. I'm taking care of Brandon now." Goodbye I'm sorry I love you."