One

"That'll be $27.02."  I smile placidly at the balding man in front of me. 

His eyes trail over my body as he reaches for his wallet.  I inwardly grimace as he licks his lips, handing me $30.

"Keep the change, baby," Baldy winks.

As soon as he walks away I scowl.  It's only my first day and I want to quit.  My eyes scan the interior of Wonderland, slightly taken aback by the products.  It's still hard to believe that this of all places hired me.

I straighten out my uniform before walking away from the counter.  The register sits next to a glass case full of miscellaneous items like key chains with crude sayings and travel size lube. 

I stroll around, searching for customers.   My boss said I have to assist the patrons of this fine establishment if I'm not cashing someone out, even though I don't know what any of this stuff does. 

After walking through the store, I realize I'm the only person in here.  I sigh in relief, letting myself relax a bit.  It's not like working in a sex shop is all that stressful, I'm just nervous.  I don't want to screw up.  I need this job.

I start to bob my head to the house music playing a little too loudly through the overhead speakers as I look through some of the products.

Butt plugs?  Why the hell would anybody want something there?

I shake my head, slightly baffled.  To each their own, I guess.  I start to dance a bit more, probably in the least graceful way possible.  I twirl around, accidentally hitting row of hot pink dildos with my arm and knocking them on the floor.

"Son of a bitch," I mutter under my breath. 

I hurriedly pick them up, thinking that doing it quickly somehow negates the fact that it happened in the first place.  I stand up, about to walk away, when my eyes meet a man staring at me from the end of the aisle.  I let out a surprised squeak, putting my hand over my chest.

"Nice moves."  A small smirk plays on his lips as he walks closer to me.  My cheeks burn in response.  I can't believe he saw that.

"S-Sorry.  I didn't think anyone was in here," I stammer, refusing to make eye contact with him.

"It's alright, love.  It was cute."  His eyes are lit up in amusement.

I nod my head awkwardly, standing with my ankles crossed and my hands behind my back.  I plaster on a fake smile.

"Do you need any help finding things, sir?" I ask professionally.

The man's eyes darken a bit, but he looks confused.

"You work here?"  He gestures to the rest of the store with the hand that isn't full of... items.

"Yup," I say, popping the 'p'.  I move my long hair out of the way to show him my shirt, which has Wonderland's logo on it, and my name tag.

He looks over my apparel and smirks to himself.  I already know what's coming.

"Juliette, eh?  Does that mean I get to be your Romeo?"  He smiles dorkishly to himself, like he's so clever.

I roll my eyes and run my hand through my slightly knotted hair.

"Like I've never heard that one before," I scoff.  I try not to laugh at the way he looks so crestfallen that he wasn't the first to come up with it.

"It's a good joke," he murmurs to himself before walking toward the register.

I follow him, not so inconspicuously checking out what he's buying.  A ball gag, handcuffs, and girl on girl porn.   Classy.