Eleven

Please read A/N at the end

"The park?"

"Too cold out."

"Shopping?"

"Alice, you have enough clothes."

"We could go to a strip club."

"At one in the afternoon?" I raise an eyebrow. 

Alice sighs dramatically.  "I just want to do something."

"Can't we just lay here and do nothing.  Maybe nap.  Maybe die."

Alice pushes me off her bed.  I land on the floor with a hard "unf".

"What the fuck was that for!" I groan, sitting up to glare at her.

"I'm sick of you moping around.  So what you almost kissed Harry?  Get over it."

"How?  How am I supposed to get over the fact that I was this close to cheating on my boyfriend?"  I hold up my thumb and index finger very very close together and lay back down next to her.

"Maybe because it didn't happen?  The only people who know are you and Harry, and well, me.  So just forget about it," she says with a shrug.

I twist onto my stomach and bury my face into a pillow, sighing.  I can't believe this is my life right now.

"Wait a second," Alice mutters, poking my shoulder.  "You don't want to forget, do you?"

I push her hand away and she gasps loudly.

"What aren't you telling me?"

"You know what?"  I sit up, making a move to get off the bed.  "We should go to a strip club.  Yeah, that sounds good."

"Oh no you don't," Alice groans and grabs my arm, yanking me back in place.  "You're going to tell me what's going on.  All of what's going on."

"Do I have to?" I whine.

"Yes.  Because for the last three days you've had this look on your face like someone killed your dog.  So out with it, Jules."

"Harry calls me Jules," I grumble, not even meaning to say it.  Alice's expression starts to turn from determined to sympathetic.

"I don't even know what happened," I groan putting my face in my hands.  "He was just telling me about BDSM, like I asked him to.  Like a friend.  I don't know, maybe it was being around all that stuff.  He has a playroom, y'know."

"So you're blaming this on a couple whips and chains?"  She teasingly raises an eyebrow.  "Damn, I didn't think you were so kinky."

"Not helping," I deadpan.

"Right, sorry.  But don't you think there's more to it.  You can't tell me you've never thought about it.  I mean, look at him.  He's a walking orgasm."

"Alice!" I exclaim with wide eyes, sending her into a fit of giggles.

"Okay, but...?"

"But... yeah.  Of course I think he's attractive.  I never wanted to actually do anything, though.  I have a boyfriend, which is why..."

Alice looks at me to continue.  I feel my cheeks reddening and anxiety blossoming in my stomach.  It's so weird for me to actually talk about this.

"I did a thing."

"A thing? What thing?" she asks skeptically.

"With Danny.  I did a thing."

Alice's eyes go so wide I fear they might fall out.