Four

I wake with a smile on my face and excitement fluttering in my stomach.  Today's Monday.

Harry and I had texted sporadically throughout the weekend.  Mostly just him making sure I got home okay and asking what time to pick me up for lunch.  I really hope he and I can become good friends, despite Danny's wishes.

Danny apologized to me on Saturday for how he acted.  He was drunk and he said he didn't feel good, so I forgave him.  He was also super sweet to me all weekend, so I know he felt bad.  But that doesn't mean I told him about having lunch with Harry today.  It's just not worth the fight if I'm going to do what I want anyway.

After I shower and get ready for work, I sit with Danny at the island in the kitchen.  He gives me a quick kiss and a "morning" before getting up to flip the bacon on the stove.  I follow him over and get a piece.  Just as I'm about to take a bite, he stops me.

"Are you really going to eat that?" he asks with disgust.  I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Um, yeah?"

"Do you have any idea what that'll do to your body?" he sneers and takes the bacon out of my hand.  "I don't want a fat girlfriend.  And it looks like you're already starting to fill out."  Danny pinches my side.

My eyes fill with tears that I try to blink away.  He sighs and pulls me into a hug I'm hesitant to reciprocate.

"Look, I didn't mean to upset you.  I only said it because I love you and I'm looking out for you," he says sweetly

He's doing it because he loves me.

He loves me.

I sniffle and wipe away a stray tear from my cheek.

"I love you, too."

*

I grab my purse from my locker in the break room before pulling on my jean jacket.  I try my best to cover the Wonderland logo on my shirt.  I'm not ashamed to work here; it just starts a conversation I don't want to have.

When I go out onto the main floor, Harry is already there waiting for me.  I really don't want to dwell on the fact that my breath hitches at the sight of him. 

Harry's long curls are tied up in a bun.  He's wearing a silky black button down with the sleeves rolled up.  Of course, he keeps only half of it properly buttoned.  His tight black jeans have a hole in the knee and his normally brown boots are now shinier and black. 

"Hello Juliette," Harry rasps.  "Ready?"

I nod my head, smiling shyly at him.  He rests his hand on my lower back as we walk out of Wonderland.  I don't want to be rude, so I just let him.  But I don't think a friend shouldn't be touching me like that.

I mutter a "thank you" when Harry opens my door for me.  I don't know shit about cars, but I can tell this one is really nice.  As soon as he turns it on, "Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings starting blaring through the speakers.

I snap my head in Harry's direction.  He's wearing a smug smirk, obviously knowing what he's doing.

"Are you fucking serious?" I chuckle.

"Language," he mutters sternly.  What?  "And it's a great song.  Am I not allowed to listen to good music anymore?"

"Not when you're doing it just to irritate me.  Find something that doesn't have my name in it."

"Sorry love," Harry smiles cheekily and turns up the volume.  "Driver picks the music."

I huff and glare at him in annoyance.  He laughs at my expression and turns back to look the road.  By the time the song is over we are pulling into a little café.  It's really light inside and there are plants all over the place.  The whole set up of it looks like something you'd find on tumblr.