Ch 16

4 months 2 weeks

Two weeks have past since my dad and Ashton got into the accident. Ashton got crutches and a cast for his hand and his leg. unfortunately dad hasn't woken up yet. Dad(Jack) hasn't been the same since then. He hasn't eaten as much, he doesn't sleep anymore, and he never leaves the hospital. And if he had to leave he would go to the hotel across the street.
I've tried talking to dad, but he never responds.
I'm scared for my dads right now.
I want them both to be okay.
This day will be about them. Not me or Ashton, not even the babies.
It's all about my dads.
Right now Ashton, dad, and I were in my dads hospital room. Waiting for him to wake up. But it was close to leaving time for visitors. I looked over at dad to see him nearly in tears. I went towards him at sat down in front of him.
"Dad I need you to listen to me. What you are doing is not healthy at all. All this negative stuff isn't helping anything right now.
So we will go home, not to the hotel. Home. Ashton and I will make you a dinner and you are going to take a shower and then go to sleep. Okay?"
He shook his head.
"W-what if something happens to Alex?"
"If anything happens we will come back here immediately. I promise dad. We need to go home."
He then nodded his head and stood up stomping out of the room, slamming the door.
"Cmon Luke he'll be fine." Ashton said as he helped me up.

When we got home dad quickly got out of car and going into the house mad.
I sighed as Ash and I followed him.
"Are you okay Jack?" Ashton asked.
"I don't fucking know! Ask my dead husband!" Dad yelled.
"Dad he's not dead. Dad is just in a coma." I told him.
"Well it feels like he's dead. Why are you even talking? You don't understand what's going on now. All you care about is the fucking fetus' that are inside you!"
"Jac-" Ash started.
"Ashton its fine. Arguing will make it worse." As much as I wanted to cry, I had to be strong.
"Dad, just calm down. Dad(Alex) is going to be okay. And you know that. Just calm down a bit and sit down."
He sighed. "Fine" He sat down on the couch while Ashton and I wondered into the kitchen to make Mac and cheese for dinner.
"Luke how did you stay so calm back there?" He asked. "I knew what he said, he didn't mean. It was all in the moment. I've learned that since two other adults made that mistake towards me."
"Your amazing you know right?" He told me
"Yeah I can agree with that." I laughed.
When the food was done we went into the living room seeing my dad still in the same position.
"Here you go. It's not much, but it will help." I said to my dad. He didn't say anything, he just grabbed the plate and slowly ate. Only two bites later and he says he was full.
"Dad no your not. Just finish what's left on your plate and you can go upstairs to shower okay?" Then he agreed.
Of course I was going to be strict with him. It's for his health.
He finished his place quite quickly and then he ran upstairs.
I followed behind him just to make sure he went to go take a shower.
Obviously I won't be in the bathroom, so I'll wait for him outside the door.
When I go upstairs I see him laying on his bed looking like he's about to sleep.
I hit him with a pillow. "Cmon get up. You gotta take a shower."
He whined. "But I don't wanna!"
I rubbed my forehead in frustration.
"When I count to three you better be in that bathroom of else."
He sat up. "Or else what?"
I thought for a second. "I'll take away all the alcohol for a month."
He gasped. "You wouldn't!"
I smirked. "Oh yes I will. Now get in the shower."
He laid back down.
"No"
"1..."
"Nope"
"2..."
"Luke are you serious?! I'm a grown man I don't nee-"
"3"
"Okay fine I'm going!" He said as he ran into the bathroom.
No matter how old you are, counting to 3 will always have the same affect on you.
I waited outside the bathroom door until dad was done.
When the shower turned off he waited a few minutes and opened up the door. I guess he was surprised to see me waiting for him so he screamed.
"Luke?! What are you doing!"
"I was just making sure you took your shower. Are you clothed?"
He then closed the door slowly to put his clothes on.
Awkward? Yes.
Disturbing? Yes.
It's not fun babysitting your own father.
"Okay I'm dressed now. Open the door Luke."
I opened the door to see him in only pajama pants.
"You don't bother putting on a shirt?" I asked.
He walked past me and went into his room. "Nope. Now I don't need help sleeping, so you can go now."
I shook my head. "I'm not leaving until you really fall asleep. Now get into bed." I pointed to the large bed.
He groaned, but listened to me as he went under the covers.
"Now we will cuddle until you fall asleep."
I carefully laid down next to my dad and we cuddled.
After a few minutes I took over at my dad and see he's still awake.
"Dad you need sleep."
"I can't. I can't stop thinking about your dad. I'm scared of what could happen."
I sat up and faced him. "What could happen! Dad we could get a phone call in the morning to hear that dad woke up and he's ready to see us!"
"But what if he's dead."
I sighed and hugged him.
"Dad the doctor said it was unlikely that he would die. He's gonna make it and we both know that. You just need to show the right emotion."
"Yeah your right. You go to bed in your room alright?"
"Are you sure? Ashton would be fine with me staying here. I don't want you to be alone."
"It's okay, I'll be fine. I'm feeling better now."
I got out of the bed and started walking towards the door.
"Luke wait." He was scratching the back of his head nervously. "I didn't mean what I said before. Your a good kid who cares about others. And you should care about your kids the most. I'm sorry Luke."
I went over and gave him a hug. " I know you didn't mean it. That's why I didn't react so badly."
He smiled. "I'm proud of you you know that."
"Everyone has been telling me that lately. So I guess I do know your proud of me."
"Your so sassy, you get it from your father" He laughed.
We said our good nights and I left the room and went downstairs to Ashton.
"How did it go?" He asked.
"He says he's feeling better after we talked. I believe it so I think he is fine."
I noticed he cleaned up out mess from dinner.
"Don't worry there's leftovers if you want some." Ash laughed.

I patted my belly. "Yes we would love some more."