Chapter 18

Erick's POV

"Is everything ok?" I asked Calvin as I stood next to  and looked up at him.

"I have no idea. The police department wants me to come downtown..." He said as he gave me a distressed look.

Calvin's POV

"Be safe baby. You know what's been going on with innocent people getting shot by the police. Please be safe." Erick said after he kissed me.

"I'll be ok baby." I said as I ran upstairs to throw on a sweat suit and freshen up a little.

An Hour Later at The Main Police Station

"We're ready to question you Mr. Johnson..." A detective said as I sat in a lobby on my phone.

"What am I being questioned for ?" I asked as I stood up.

I towered over the detective. He had to be about 5'5. I'm 6'7.

I'm sure I looked menacing with my muscular arms folded as I looked down at him , waiting for an answer.

"We got a call from a anonymous person and the Dallas Police Department saying you  was the person who killed 5 and injured over ten police officers in Dallas yesterday." He said as he looked up at me.

I looked at him like he was fucking sick. I didn't protest against anything he said yet because I know how the police been killing our black men left and right all this week and I didn't want to be next.

"Ok. Let's get this over with." I sighed.

I walked in and he closed the door to a simple white room with no windows.  Just a simple light hanging from the ceiling.

"I have a question." I said before the detective could even get a word out.

"I'll be asking the questions!" He said sternly.

I gave the detective the "Bitch you need to stop talking to me like you motherfuckin crazy or Imma snap your neck in half" look.

"Now....We brought you in because The Dallas Police Department gave us a description of a man who is presumed to be you. They say that you are a suspect for that shooting in Dallas.  And that you are the one that shot those innocent police officers. " he said.

"Now. I Detective Jackson am a huge fan of yours. But don't get me wrong. If you wrong. You fuckin wrong. Now did you shoot them folks in Texas?" He asked.

"No sir Detective Jackson. I did not. I was- " I said as grunted my teeth before I was cut off.

"Where where you last night?" He asked.

"I was about to answer that question before I was rudely interrupted sir. But I was home fucking my husband since you wanna know so much. Would you like video surveillance of me fucking him in our living room ? I think that would be enough to prove I'm innocent of these outrageous claims against me. " I said as I folded my arms and crossed my feet on top of the table.

"I have no further questions or comments. You're free to go..." The detective said.

"Ok. I guess so. I will be sending you the surveillance tapes. I don't want you to think or get any ideas that I was apart of that event. Because I was not. Have a good day sir. " I said as I stood up, gave him a firm handshake and walked out of the room. 

Few Minutes Later In The Parking Deck

"You haven't gotten out of this so soon Calvin Johnson." I heard someone say with a evil laugh.

"I fear no one but God. I fear his power only.  I fear no one who walks the earth. Who the fuck are you. Only punks hide in the shadows...." I stood tall next the car ready to whoop ass. 

Nothing but silence.

"That's what the fuck I thought Punk ass nigga." I raised my voice as I got in the car.

I began driving toward the exit of the parking deck and I saw a black figure that vanished into thin air.  Quite naturally I wasn't spooked.  I'm not saying I'm invincible but I know God is on my side so I don't have anything to worry about.

Catherine's POV

Thank God for my Aunt Glinda, one of the most well known voodoo witches in Louisiana.  I was visiting her and I thought it would be a great time to get some revenge on Calvin...

"Can you help me put a spell on my ex husband Aunty." I said as I sat next to her.

"Of course darling anything for my favorite Niece. " she smiled as grabbed her big heavy spell book.

"What do you want to do to him?" She asked. 

"I want to keep him alive. But I want him to suffer. Financially. Sexually. Professionally in his career. Everything." I said with a big smile.

"Oh. That's a easy one." She said with a slight chuckle.

"Oh Aunty thank you." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Calvin's POV

I don't know why. But I feel like something evil is after me. Thankfully I'm home.  Safe and sound. But I get the feeling as if I'm being watched. When I'm in the shower.  When I'm working out.  Almost during everything I do. I know it isn't Erick. Because he lets his presence known to me. So who could it be...

"Calvin are you ok baby?" Erick asked.

"I'm ok. Just thinking." I said.

"About?" He asked.

"I feel like I'm being watched by some supernatural force and it's not a heavenly spirit either. " I said as I looked at him. 

"Well. A family that prays together. Stays together baby. I know you going through a lot right with this custody battle and the police randomly calling you out of know where. But I just wanna let you know that I love you so much. And that everything is going to be alright. I promise..." Erick said.

"This is why I married you man. Come here and give daddy a kiss." I chuckled.

Erick did as he was told.

For the rest of the day we chilled and watched tv. We had spent a lot of quality time together. I didn't go to the gym or do anything.  Just spent time with him... To let him know that he is appreciated for everything he dose for me.

As we where drifting to sleep. The phone began to ring. The damn phone always rings at the wrong time.

"Hello?" I answered. 

Love y'all.

D E R R I C K 9 7