Forty One

41.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Keith? Did you think about it a million times? How about the consequences, can you face all of them?" Betsy asked me while arching an eyebrow. I don't know how many times she already threw this question to me but I'll still have the same answer.

"I still want to cancel my contract and quit from show business. I know the consequences; I know there's a case that they might file against me but I really want to stop from all of this. Please, Betsy... You've been very good to me and this is my last favor. Do it for me."

She eyed me hard and let out a deep sigh. "Bakit ba kasi kailangan mo pang mag-quit? Pwede mo namang ituloy ang relasyon mo kay Cheyenne without sacrificing your career! How about modelling? Are you planning to quit on that, too?... Kung kailan sobrang ganda na ng career mo tapos ganito naman ang gagawin mo! Hayy! Masyado na talaga akong nai-stress sa 'yo! Kainis!" Then she faced the window letting out all the frustration she's getting from me these past months.

"That's why I'm asking you this favor so that you'll no longer get stressed because of me, Betsy. I'll really appreciate it if it will happen as soon as possible."

But I didn't get a reply. Bakit ba ang hirap nilang kausapin eh hindi naman sila ang magbabayad ng mga multa in case? Ako naman ang babatuhin ng issue? I'll be the one who will face all of this and not them so why don't they just let me go?

"I still need to prepare for my flight to London tomorrow so I really don't have enough time to talk about this, Betsy. All I need is a yes from you." I insisted.

Muli siyang humarap. "Did Tita Joanne know already? What did she say?"

Mommy. I know she'll be furious big time and she didn't know it yet that I missed the flight with Maggie. I'll definitely talk to her before I leave tomorrow about all my plans but not right now. I still need to call Cheyenne and check if she's okay. I can't even feel calm whenever I'm away from her! And I never want to be away from her; not in her condition right now but I need to talk to Betsy to finalize the things about showbiz that's why I left for a while.

"Mom will definitely know. I'll be the one who will explain everything to her. If she calls you, huwag mo na lang sagutin."

She looks at me intently and shakes her head. "I don't know what happened, Keith. Why is she important to you eh hindi pa naman kayo ganon katagal magkakilala. Ayaw mo na ba talaga kay Maggie? Why don't you try working things---"

Damn! I don't want to waste time just to talk about Maggie because we'll never be the same anymore.

I stand up from the chair I'm sitting and grabbed my bag. "You know very well that we're over two years ago, and I can't really get back to her because my heart completely surrendered to Cheyenne. So you guys shouldn't insist to me that I need to get back to Maggie because we're done, Betsy. So done... So if you'll excuse me, I have to go because Cheyenne surely needs me right now. Just do that favor for me, huh." I think it's enough as an explanation and that they'll never mention it again because getting back to her is impossible to happen.

Betsy sighed again and threw her hands up. "As you wish, then. And I hope sacrificing all of these will be really worth it... I'm not against Cheyenne but it's just... It's just too soon, Keith. Too soon when you're at the peak of your career. Sana huwag mong pagsisihan." She said in defeat. I've heard enough words of wisdom from her that started from the time I told her my plan of quitting from the industry until this day that I've already decided to end my career.

I gave her a wide grin to make her sure that I'll never regret this decision. "I'm one hundred percent sure that I'll never reach that point; regretting all the sacrifices I made for the girl I dearly love."