Chapter 1- The Past

(Memory)

10 CENTURIES AGO

The door of the castle slammed open as Van Helsing enters. Carrying an iron hammer at his right hand and a silver stick at his left.

Cold wind blew his wavy long hair as he fixed his wrathful eyes towards the top of the long spiral stairway. The smell of rust and old wood filled his nostrils as he gasped the cold air of the dark place. He glanced at the window as the wind gently blew the curtain making it sway and expose the corners filled with dusts and cobwebs. The light that the moon emits gave an eerie feeling of heaviness and uneasiness to the place. The spot where he stood looks like an enormous living area with a big fireplace at the center. Furnitures which surprisingly arranged well was covered with dusts and white cloths which gives a hint that it hasn't been used for a long time.

"Count Dracula!" He shouted. His voice echoed inside the enormous castle as if it was empty. But he was sure it is not empty at all. He knew that the castle is infested with monsters that lurks behind the mists and dark corners.

Enraged and heaving, he scanned the surrounding for he felt that he is being watched. A strong wind blew and slammed the gigantic door shut which startled the night birds and and creatures which dwells in and out of the castle.

Indeed, a pair of eyes was fixed on him from afar. It was the Count. It is watching from above with his bat form lying inverted with its wings folded.

Van helsing remained vigilant holding his weapons with his stance ready to attack an approaching foe.

Black shadowy mist appeared following Count Dracula as he flew towards the uppermost part of the staircase and turned into a vampire humanoid. Crossing his arms into his chest, fangs showing its sharp edges as he smiles, eyes glaring like blazing fire as he move closer to his visitor.

"Van Helsing. I've been waiting for you." He said calmly.

"Is that so? I guess you're ready to taste death now, Vladimir!"

"COUNT Dracula. You may call me by that name and not by my mortal name." He slowly walked more closer making a suffocating 3 meter distance between them.

Van Helsing tightened his grip to his weapons as Count Dracula move closer towards him. He posed into a ready-to-attack position.

"Now, now... No need for that Mr. Van Helsing. I actually have a deal to propose." He said.

"Deal? From a vampire Lord? What good can I get from the demon itself!"

"Well, it comes with you having my neck out from my shoulder, IF and only if you win in a contest."

"What contest? You think you could fool me? You better think again 'cause you can't drag me down your trap!"

Count Dracula laughed so loud that his voice echoed not only inside his castle but also to his neighboring towns.

"I see, Mr. Van Helsing here now is afraid to lose in a game." He teased.

"I am not afraid of games! Speak your mind! Let me hear your proposal!" Dracula's smile widened as he see things working out according to his plan.

"Very well."

"Well? Speak up now!"

"My proposal, Mr. Van Helsing comes with Riddles."

"Riddles?! You fool blood sucker!" Van Helsing said with disgust.

Count Dracula just showed his pointed fang in a grimly smiled.

"You give your riddle, I shall answer. If I got the answer right, I will be the one to give the riddle which you should answer in return. There will be one answer only, no more, no less. The one who will not get it right... LOSES HIS HEAD. Do we have a deal, Mr. Van Helsing?"