Chapter 4- DENIAL

She sank on the couch feeling her limbs snaking as she was unable to move them. She's a vampire? She doesn't seem to absorb the things that is happening at the moment.

Her head began to spin when her great grandfather's voice started to speak inside her head.

"Listen, child. Your destiny is inevitable. You are like me. You are one of us. Embrace the gift and let your powers flow thru your veins," Count Dracula spoke from afar.

Her head was throbbing like hell which made Vie cup her head and started to make a load groan.

She is not prepared with such an overwhelming reality about her identity. It can't be true.

Her mother tried to comfort her but Vie continued to make a loud shrill and ran hysterically out the door leaving her anxious mother behind.

Panting, she paused under the shade of a tree after a few minutes of running. She hugged herself and curled, resting her chin on her knees.

Suddenly, she realized that her feet took her in the middle of a meadow... a meadow two (2) miles away from where she lives.

"No, no, no! This isn't real! This isn't real!" She rocked herself back and forth like a child as tears free-falling on her cheeks

She was afraid.

"None of this would have happened if that old goat did not appeared in our house," she whispered to herself.

Her head was too occupied, so, she haven't noticed a figure sitting on a huge branch of a tree where she took shade.

"You know, I can sue you for trespassing my territory." Vie tilted her head upward, startled by the man inclinely sitting on the branch.

She stood awkwardly, wiping her tears and letting her loose hair cover her face.

"But since I'm in a perfect mood today, I wil let it pass IF you tell me your name," the man said making Vie feel more uneasy.

The man jumped in front of her and held out a hand for a handshake.

"Name's Alaric, Al for short," said the man.

Vie just stared at the man's hand making him withdraw.

"Very well. I guess you're not in the mood to talk with a gorgeous creature in front of you. What a pity." The man teased as he gently caressed his neatly shoven chin.

She felt annoyed on how the man spit his words.

"It will be alright. You'll get through it, you'll see." Vie walked past Al ignoring what he had said, not wanting to engage in a conversation.

"You don't know anything," she answered with her back on Al.

"Indeed. But I sure knew one thing," Al said making Vie turn around to face him with a confused look.