eighteen

"Shits occur but miracles do happen."

He beamed before ruffling my hair. "You must be God's favorite girl, see you're still alive and kickin." He stated which made me giggle.

There are days were Jimin just utter head-scratching poetic epigram then the next day I would find myself cracking out from his amusing choice of words.

"Oh! I didn't took you as a religious child!" I laughed playfully before  smacking his shoulder.

"I don't think there is something wrong with that." He shrugged.

"Well, you'll probably look hot readding bible verses." I poke his forehead twice while grinning widely.

His fingers touched his chin pretending to be in deep thoughts. " Wait till you see me in white robe while singing church hymns, I bet you'll immediately swoon over me!" He proudly said.

"I don't really think so." I teased him.

"I’m a good catch..." he chimed and continued, "I’ll prove it to you and I’ll make you fall head over heals to me within a month." He pouted while crossing his arms in front of his chest.

I flashed a smile looking at him being all adorable but the curve in my lips faded upon realizing that I may not be able to live in such brief span of time. He indisputably knew my life limit but Jimin chose to ignore and act as if everything were normal.

...

Days inside the asylum passed in a blur. Jimin and I became too occupied preparing to perfect the escape plan. Every night, under the slightly lit moonlight we found ourselves whispering at the shadows of dark and silent corridors, tackling about all the possibilities ahead, formulating plan B if perhaps our first plan fail.

Being in each other presence and having to feel the gust of our warm breath from our small whispers became a daily routine. Both of us were just mere strangers a month and 3 weeks ago. Today, we were like two teenagers undergoing puberty while plotting schemes to run away.

We became closer-- understanding the feeling of one another without uttering words. But as we grow fond with each other's presence my condition worsen.

A day won't pass without me experiencing the stabbing pain in my chest followed by vision turning dark subsequently losing consciousness. The dosage of my meds increased which only made me more sick rather than feeling healed.

My disease painfully ate me and my life line lessened from day to day but Jimin never once left my side. He was there almost every night waiting for me to wake up. He became the pillar for me to lean on, a sturdy pillar that was too strong it gave me enough confidence to keep on fighting. Despite all the distress, he stayed bright and positive, which made every pain bearable.

Four days before the set date of the life limit my psychiatrist had set, we decided to finally make our plans into realization.
The snow was pouring hard outside, at this kind of weather I've felt the tantamount size of hesitation in turning the plan into action.

"Jam, we need to do this now! The weather outside is not our real adversary here, we are bounded by time. We can't wait for the snow to stop pouring we're out of time." Jimin was agitated upon seeing the hesitation in my eyes.

"Ok! Don't get too worked up, let's just get the hell out of here." I answered in defeat while I put on my sneakers.

"Don't forget to bring some of your meds." He chimed while he slung his backpack.

I looked at him in disgust. "I don't need those, I'm sick of it!" I'm escaping from this place and do not intend to bring some kind of memorabilia.