twenty six

Jimin's

The heavy yet achingly slow pace of his footsteps complimented the squeaking sound of the wooden floor beneath him. He was afraid, truly nervous, knowing that tomorrow could be the day that they'll have to part their ways.

Both of them stood opposite from each other. Jimin stood frozen outside the room as he chewed over the idea that he might lose her soon, he was beyond terrified to knock on the door and enter inside knowing that the room itself might be the last place that he'd be together with her.

Jam on the other side sat on the floor whilst leaning his back flat on the door with her chin above her knees and arm bracing her legs tightly. She knew that he was standing outside hearing his footsteps, just like him she was also afraid-- afraid for him to witness her vulnerable state.

"What's taking you long to knock?" Jam suddenly opened the door which caused Jimin to jump out of pure shock.

"Holy sh-- I thought you're asleep?!" He almost cursed upon seeing her.

"Obviously not, come in before you turn into a Popsicle stick," She beckoned him inside.

Jam was able to effectively mask the pain in her chest due the effect of the pills she took which slowly crept into her bloodstreams. She surely thought that Jimin was still oblivious with what she was going through but Jam was nowhere correct, for Jimin already knew that she was indeed having a hard time.

With the sudden change in the shade of her skin tone and her uneven and ragged breathing pattern Jimin was able to decipher that she was indeed suffering. He wanted to make her feel better but he was helpless, if only they could exchange places he would gladly take all the suffering away from her.

Jam suddenly broke the awkward silence between them, "hmmm-- let's chill in the balcony, its full moon."

"I guess it's not the best idea, look it's freezing cold outside." He said as his index finger pointed onto the crashing waves near below the balcony.

"Jungkook brought enough blankets to keep us warm and we could just... you know cuddle a bit," Jam suggestively wiggled her eyebrows before she continued, "but I think you don't want the idea so, neverm-".

"NO! NO! Of course not! Cuddling is my kink!" Jimin whined before hastily collecting all the blankets on top of the bed. The pile of thick cotton blankets in his arms almost covered his face as he struggled to see his path through the balcony.

What a cute perverted asshole, Jam thought as she smiled and followed after him.

The moon was in its fullest form illuminating the whole seashore with its light whilst the stars on its side were twinkling brightly like a silver dust sprinkled all over the empty and black canvas up above. The temperature was extremely freezing brought by the strong wind coming from the seaside, her hair was being blown messily as she gazed on the endless and lonely ocean ahead of her.

Jam looked at Jimin briefly only to see him staring straight onto the deep blue sea with a glint of serious intent in his eyes. He was fully covered with a thick layer of cotton cloth leaving her with nothing to use.

"What a true gentleman," Jam scoffed as she glared at him.

"Ah! wae? It's freaking cold out here."

"You might want to share some of those blankets so that I don't freeze to death? You selfish brat!"

"Arasso! Arasso!" Jimin mumbled before stumping his feet walking near her.

Jam brought his gaze back onto the sea secretly smiling as she looked away from the whining brat next to her.