Chapter 6: The Stans

*~Pines Universe~*
• Third Person Pov •

*Sniffle Sniffle* Tears stream down Mabel's red, puffy face.

"Mabel! Open the door... Please. I can't help you if you don't let me." Melody pleaded.

"Go away! Mabel's in Sweater Town right now." Mabel grit through her teeth.

Melody sighs. "Soos, she's not letting me in. Have Stan and Ford answered the phone yet? Mabel's not doing so good."

One ring, two rings, three. No answer yet. Soos shakes his head as voicemail comes back on. "I'll try calling tomorrow. I'll call everyday until they do. I don't want Hambone to keep feelin' this way."

•Mabel Pines Pov•

This was supposed to be our best, and last summer ever, since we won't be able to come back after Senior year. Another tear comes pouring, and another string of snot drips. "Ew." *Sniffle Sniffle* I hate this. This is all my fault. What if Dipper's... dead? And it will be all my fault. What if he doesn't come back? Soos and Melody will get locked up, and I'll have to face the rest of my life without him. I sob even more.

*Ding Ding* My phone rings and vibrates.

A text. From Grenda.

Grenda: Hey Gurl. Heard you were in town. Wanna hang? My mom's age inappropriate romance novels aren't gonna read themselves!

Mabel: Sorry Grenda, I'm not really feeling it today. I just wanna lay down in my bed and sulk.

Grenda: I haven't seen you in like a decade. Did someone hurt you? 'Cause I'll put 'em in a headlock and make 'em feel PAIN.

Mabel: Thank you Grenda, but no one hurt me. Kind of the other way around.

I sigh at the thought of Dipper. Another tear comes rolling. Great. Just amazing. Maybe if I was fast enough to grab him I could have saved him...

*Ding Ding*

Grenda: I'M ON MY WAY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Ugh. I love Grenda, don't get me wrong, but I just want some alone time right now.

I started typing back to her...

Grenda you don't have to, I'm completely —

All of a sudden I hear a big crash in the front of the shack. I peek through the window to see the red Corvette Marius bought Grenda last year for her birthday slammed into the totem pole. Marius can probably buy her another one.

"That was fast." I say to myself. "GRENDA!!!" I scream through the window.

"HEY GIRLLLLLL!" she hollers from outside with her deep voice. I turn around to brush my hair and wipe my red and puffy face. Stupid crying. Stupid feelings.

I run down the stairs and out the door to where Grenda is. "Grenda! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about the totem pole, I'll just ask Marius to pay for it or whatever."

"Oh, yeah I'm not worried about that. Are you okay? You kinda just got in a car accident you know..."

"Yeah I'm good." she replies and pats off some dust. "Anyways, what's wrong Mabel?"

"I-it's nothing Grenda, I swear." I accidentally stammer. Shit! Now she knows.

"Im not an idiot Mabel! I know when something's up with someone."

"*Sigh* I might as well tell you. Maybe it'll help me feel better if I tell someone."

*Third Person Pov*

Mabel and Grenda walked back inside. She told Grenda about everything that happened to Dipper in the portal and how much she missed him. Tears started to fall.

"Aww Mabel. We'll get him back. There has to be a way." they hugged and Mabel sank into it and let the tears fall. She wiped the tears away and pulled away for a moment.

"I may not be as smart as my brother or my Uncle Ford, but I will get him back. Thank you Grenda, I really needed this," she pauses , "But first, we need a plan."

Sorry guys for not updating. I haven't really talked about Mabel that much so I decided to dedicate a chapter of her in the Pines universe. Next chapter will be in Reverse Falls. Until then lovelies~! ❤