CH11.2: A game of cat and Mice (pt.2)

Sylvia's POV:

As soon as I heard the shrills of Sheena and Chantelle from the 4th floor, I didn't hesitate to start running for the stairs.

My heart beats fast from every step that I make while ascending the stairs. I can feel the adrenaline rushing over me. It's no wonder why I am desperate to save my friends.

I'm already at the 3rd floor, and I could hear loud thuds from just above me.

As I make my first step for the stairs again, I bumped into Sheena. She was running down the stairs in a hurry. She and the rest were breathing heavily, a fearful expression plastered onto their faces. It's obviously written all over them: They are in a long haul.

"Thank god you guys are alright!" I exclaimed while rubbing my chest to ease my panic.

"Yeah. We have to get out of here. There's a crazy psycho running around here.We're going to escape from the back gate. Come on let's go!" Sheena explained while gripping my hand as we went down the stairs.

I took an abrupt halt, sensing something incomplete.

"Wh-Where's Candace and Carter?"

All of them looked at me with apologetic expressions. Within their gazes, I knew what they're trying to get at. I'm so disappointed to myself. I was too late.

"S-Sylvia!" I heard someone yelled my name from the 4th floor.

I knew it was one of the twins who are calling me. My mind is focused on going after them. I can't just leave them behind.

"No! Stay away from me!" I heard another familiar voice yelled.

I don't know which one of them is crying for help, since they have similar voices. I attempted going for the stairs, but Sheena and Chantelle held me back.

"No! Let me go! I need to save them!" I shrieked, exerting my effort to get out of their grasp.

"Please Sylvia! Just don't go there!" Chantelle hollered as she continues to maintain her grip on my arm.

"You're gonna get yourself killed. I can't let that happen!" Sheena chimed in as she maintains her steel-like grasp on my other arm.

I didn't listen to their pleas. The twins are family to me. I just can't let them die in this school. I rather get myself killed than leaving them behind selfishly.

After much force, I have finally freed myself from their grip and sprinted for the stairs without second thoughts.

"SYLVIA! NO!" I heard my brother's fearful shriek from behind me.

"JUST GET OUT OF HERE!!" I yelled back at them, not even bothering myself to take a glance from behind.

I know this is risky, but I'd do anything for the safety of my siblings.

"Help me!" I heard one of the twins shrieked. I kept ascending the stairs with adrenaline rushing inside my veins.

I have reached the 4th floor, and the first thing I saw is a glimpse of one of the twins turning to the left.