CH27: The final reunion

Sylvia's POV:

The whole trip way back to my home, I cant shrug this grisly feeling off of me. You know how a person usually have a similar feeling to mine right now, and the next thing, they already discovered something terrible? I know I'm gonna face something similar to that later on. But do I really need to care? No, I ain't. I know something may scream danger up ahead, but I'm already used to it.

"Are you ok?" I heard Jack asked beside me as he drives intently.

"It's alright. I'm fine." I assured him.

Another minute had passed by and we've finally reached my house. The police and paramedics aren't there anymore.

I opened the large gate and went inside the tree-covered area. As we walk, we spotted the house. My suspicion grew larger just as I noticed that all the lights inside were out. Not your typical haunted house, I thought with sarcasm.

"Sylvia." I heard Jack's voice behind me.

"What?" I answered, my gaze still focused to the house up ahead.

"I'm gonna go with you. This place gives me the creeps." He said, catching up on me.

I just give a nod as an answer. We continued walking on the dirt path until we've finally reached the front door.

With hesitation, I opened the door open, and I was greeted with total darkness. A gush of wind suddenly flew in front of my face in a gentle, yet unsettling way. I tried the light switches, but nothing happened.

"What's up with all these lights out?" I asked with a hint of irritation in my voice.

"Probably Diana's gonna kill you in the dark." Jack stated jokingly.

"Oh shut up." I replied back sarcastically before letting out a soft chuckle.

I tried calling out to my mom and dad, hoping to recieve an answer. Unfortunately, there was none. I tried  calling out for them again for a couple of times, but still it is only pure silence that answered me back repeatedly.

"I'm gonna go in." Jack volunteered. "I'll check up on them just for you Sylvia. I'll be back in 5 minutes." He said, turning his phone's flashlight on before going inside.

I just sat by the doorstep then, waiting for Jack's return.
______________________________________

It's been already 10 minutes and still, Jack hasn't returned. I can't take another minute to wait, so I stepped inside the dark house as my only option left.

As soon as I step foot inside, a dreadful feeling washed over me. The grinding sensation inside my stomach worsened. It's like I can feel the essence of death nearby.

I closed the door behind me before turning my Phone's flashlight on. Nothing strange about the living room when I first checked in there. I went inside the kitchen. I froze to my spot, my heart tightened as I was greeted with a couple of broken glass scattered around the shiny floor.

"The hell?" I muttered in bafflement.

I know this house wasn't robbed before, and I know this place is located in the outskirts of Diamond field. So why is there broken glasses on the floor? Mom and Dad wouldn't just drop something fragile that randomly.