Chapter Four

The chief and high priest held open the curtains to the temple, bowing to them. Miguel happily bounded inside with Tulio following behind, a lot more calmly. 

"In commemoration of your return, I propose a reverent ceremony at dawn," the Priest offered, gesturing a bit dramatically to emphasis the occasion. Tulio raised an eyebrow in consideration.

"And then, perhaps," the chief added, "I could hold a feast for you, tonight." Miguel's eyes lit up and he turned to Tulio, excited.

"Which would you prefer, My Lords?" the priest demanded, stepping forward as if to one up the chief. 

"Mortals," Tulio thought, "How primitive." 

"Both?" he asked Miguel.

"Both," the lighter God agreed. They turned back to the two.

"Both. Both. Both are good."

"My Lords," they exited with one last bow, leaving the two gods to their business.

"Hey," Miguel said, after they spent a moment looking around.

"Hey," Tulio replied, simply. 

"We did it! This is wonderful, Tulio!" Miguel laughed, dancing around with him, a small smile forming on Tulio's face. 

"Hello," a soft voice interrupted them, causing both men to screech and jump. Chel stood there, staring. She giggled, watching them carefully.

"Depart, Mortal, before we strike you... With a... Lightning... Bolt," Tulio said.

"Beware the wrath of the gods, keke," Miguel added, bending his fingers to try to be intimidating.

"Miguel... It's not working," Tulio sighed. 

"Keke."

"Miguel..."

"Keke."

"What do you want?" Tulio demanded, having given up on trying to convince his lover to stop. 

"I was sent to be your personal servant," Chel answered, picking up a golden object and flicking a bit of dust off it, "To do... whatever you so wish." There was a flirtatious tone in her words that Tulio raised an eyebrow at.

"What makes you think we need your help?" Miguel demanded.

"Well, you choose me, after all," she reminded. Miguel turned an accusatory eye to Tulio. 

"Hey. It worked, didn't it?" he defended. Miguel simply pouted, "Okay, so... What's your angle?" 

"No angle," she smirked, "My only wish is to... serve the Gods."

"Oh, well in that case," Miguel smiled, "We appreciate the help!"

"Anytime... My Lords." 

"Here," she left and quickly returned with a new wardrobe for them, "Change into these."

"Don't think this means you'll have the right to be wandering around here," Tulio hissed, taking the formal dress, "We'll call you when we need you."

"Oh. I suppose you wont be needing these then," she revealed a few perfectly carved squares - A sentimental piece of Tulio's that he always kept on him.

"Wha- How did you get those!" he demanded, swiping them back.

"Where was she keeping them?" Miguel added, curiously. Chel sat waiting, patiently.

"Do you mind?" Tulio demanded, pulling his shirt over his head.

"No... Oh! Um. Yes," she stood, heading for the exit, but not without one last look back at Tulio, who glared at her in return, "I'll see you at the feast... My Lord."

"She seems nice," Miguel smiled, "I think I'd like to get to know her better."

"Yes," Tulio muttered, with a bit of contempt, "I mean, No! She's trouble, Miguel! Remember that little voice? Just for a second, imagine you had one... What would it say... About Chel?"

"Helpful?" Miguel looked up into Tulio's eyes. 

"No!" Tulio interjected, "No. Listen. We? Are partners. We are also gods. She? Is a mortal with obvious ulterior motives."

"I don't see that," Miguel frowned. 

"Listen," Tulio continued, "Listen to that little voice... Carefully. What does it say?"

"Chel... Is off limits?" Miguel guessed.

"Good!" Tulio beamed.

"But-" Miguel muttered.

"Shh. You already agreed," Tulio placed a finger against his lips, silencing him, "I'll take you home if you can't cooperate."

"Fine," Miguel huffed, "You're overreacting, though."

"Come along, Dear," Tulio opened the curtain for him, smiling sweetly, "We have a feast to attend."