Chapter 10

Wade's POV~

These past couple months have been lonely to say the least. Tony has been waking me and my baby up at the crack of dawn, dragging him to his work, and won't return with my lovely till late. By then, Peter is so worn out from having his brain stuffed with information that he practically falls asleep in the doorway.

'Poor babe,' White box said.

I was gazing at Peter, already sprawled out in bed but still in his work clothes. His hair was a mess and his thick rimmed glasses still clung to the tip of his nose. I took off his glasses and unbuttoned his shirt, slipping the sleeves off and pulling it out from underneath him. I chuckled as I put the shirt on a chair.

Soon he'll be just like Tony, a billionaire genius. Any waking moment he wasn't at work, he was in his lab. Like father like son, I suppose.

I crawled into bed with him and laid there a moment before shutting my eyes.

-

I woke up surprisingly later then usual with Peter still folded in between my arms. He snores softly, his bare chest moving up and down. Peter's hair was even more of a mess but it shinned in the sunlight that emerged from the window. I rolled over and checked the clock, making sure to cover my eyes from the oncoming rays. It was mid-afternoon.

"Babe," Peter said softly.

I hummed back in a questioning manner.

"I love you, and I don't say that as much as I should." Peter rolled over to face me.

"I love you too baby boy," I responded smiling at him.

We got up and made our way through the Tower to the living room. Steve was perched on a stool, sipping something from a mug. He looked like he was still in his pajamas as well.

"Morning dad," Peter echoed to Steve.

Steve turned around and smiled, "Hey son. Wade." He nodded at me.

"Where's dad?" Peter said, joining Steve.

"Your father is where he usually is, the lab." Steve responded.

"Alrighty," Peter said before hopping down and heading towards his lab.

I cracked my knuckles and glanced at Steve. "How do you deal?"

"You occupy yourself with something else, I guess. Just let the nerds have their lab and they'll be happy. You have to occasionally remind them to sleep and eat but otherwise it's amazing to watch them." Steve responded smiling and staring at the wall.

"I miss doing patrols with him though. Tony brings him on trips constantly and the lab is starting to turn into his bedroom." I said chuckling.

"Like father like son," Steve said, rolling his eyes.

'Wow. You're turning into Steve.' Yellow box retorted.

'I am not!' I thought, trying to quietly silence them.

"So since you proposed to Peter, do you have any idea when you'll actually get married?" Steve asked.

"No idea...sometime soon though." I said leaning up against the granite countertop.

"We could always plan it while the lab rats are at work," Steve suggested sipping what looked like tea.

"That's a good idea. I'll run the ideas we come up with by Peter if he can stay awake long enough," I said as Steve and I shared a laugh.

Steve reached down into the island counter and pulled up magazines upon magazines of wedding things. My eyes grew wide at how much stuff actually goes into one.