Chapter One

KARI'S POV•

I squinted my eyes open slowly to avoid the death like burning of the morning sun. "Why Kami? Why?" A giggling came from the bathroom to my right. Hayden's head popped around the corner as she smiled at me.

"You have never been, and you never will be, a morning person." She dissapeared and I heard the sound of running water from the sink. I sat up slowly and groaned,"Yup. Wait, would it be nope? Yes. NO? UGH!" I fell back onto the bed and flopped an arm over my face.

Hayden came out of the bathroom fully dressed and ready. "Kari! Get up!" She threw a wet towel at me and I squealed at the cold water. As she laughed I snickered and threw a pillow at her, hitting her right in the kisser.

Under no circumstances should Hayden be using that mouth to actually kiss anyone.

Anyone.

She chuckled and lightly threw it back at me as I walked into the bathroom. I closed the door for no particular reason and went to the sink. Looking in the mirror is still a shock to me. Ever since the incident, I've lost incredible amounts of weight, and my hair has grown really long.

Not just that but I also dyed my hair a red, orange, and bright yellow. Hayden, when I got it done, told me that I really stick true to one of my OCs, which is a flame princess basically. I looked up at the mirror and took in every detail. Every stray curly hair. Every different hue of brown in my eyes. Every curve of my slim body.

Ha! Slim! I still have curves that most girls would kill, or at least spend a lot of money for. With my mom being black, I've always had a bit of a butt. Well, a bit of a lot of a butt, and hips. With my thighs being thick though, it never really stood out.

Now that I've lost weight, well, I looked pretty darn good. That was not normal to me. I had always been the "ugly fat girl" at school, and now I was the bombshell. Be careful who you make fun of in middle school, right?

I sighed and splashed some water on my face. "Well I took my shower last night. So just need some makeup I guess," I mumbled quietly as I brushed my teeth.

Hayden came in as I was stripping and started laughing. I pulled down my underwear and stood up straight to look at her with an eyebrow raised. "Nani?"

"Your tan line is absolutely amazing!" She choked out between laughs. I frowned then turned my head to look at myself in the mirror. I nearly cried from laughing so hard. On most places of my body, I was pretty dark. My skin color was that of a more fair skinned black, like my mom was. However, in stark contrast, where my bikini covered was pasty white.

We laughed for a few minutes more before finally composing ourselves. Hayden grabbed her necklaces and walked out snickering. I shook my head and chuckled a few more times before walking out to the closet and grabbing some fresh underwear and a sports bra.

Not like it does much though.

Last month, when I turned sixteen, I finally hit a growth spurt and I was once again the more matured older sister. I was no longer Edward...even if I'm still shorter than her.

I put on my black underwear and my sports bra, which was also black. Then I fished through my bag to find a pair of dark green, distressed shorts, a light green crop top, and a pair of knee highs with Peter Pan, Wendy Darling, her brothers, and another person flying over London.

I put on my clothes then found my all black converse to wear since the socks were black at the bottom. Then I grabbed my vest from the hanger.

On the back was a design I made, which basically said, "Second star to the right." On the front of it, it was covered in pins. Yup, Disneyland pins. Over the past three years, I had made quite the collection.