Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four- Coffee Shop

I don't know what I am going to do. Why does he want to meet me? And why the hell is he here?!?! He should not be here, not even remotely close to here, so what the bloody freakin hell?!

I stared at the clock the rest of the day. The hours kept ticking by like minutes. The hands went round and round too fast for my comprehension. I felt dizzy.

I didn't want to go, but I desperately did want to go. Have I mentioned that I hate my life?

"Cassie are you okay?" Sarah asked me as we began to lock up.

I straightened out my sweater. "Yeah I'm fine"

"You're a horrible liar" She sang, causing me to smile. "You don't-"

"Have to go" I finished for her. I had heard those words way too much today. "I know, but I want to see what he wants."

She nodded her head solemnly "Well I'll see you Monday"

"Yeah, see you Monday" I breathed, walking toward Bluebell.

I sat in that car for half an hour before I started the car and drove towards the coffee shop; I knew he would be at. It was about an hour away, which gave me time to think...not a good thing!

I pulled up to the curve, and slowly got out of the car and walked to the shop. I took a deep breath before I opened the door, hoping this- whatever it is- goes well.

He was sitting at a little table right next to the window, staring out of it. I sighed and walked over to him. He saw me and sat up straighter "Please sit" He gestured across from him. I took a seat not meeting his eyes. "I got your coffee the way you like it" He explained looking at the cup of coffee in front of me, still steaming hot. I took a drink of it. "Thanks"

I could feel his eyes staring at me, as I stared at my hands. "Cassie?" He asked.

My lips bunched together but I looked up into his eyes that were serious.

He didn't say anything though, he just stared at me. Those blue eyes burned through mine. I felt a shrill of pain shoot through my back.

I laughed softly. "We have to stop doing this"

"Doing what?" He asked curiously, eyes still not moving from mine. They made me uncomfortable.

"Just staring, not talking" I answered.

He didn't respond. Ugh.

"Fine I'll start, what are you doing here?"

He smirked a little "Well you know I do live not too far from here"

I rolled my eyes, staring at him until I got a legitimate answer.

He leaned back in the chair "Well I'm off for a couple of weeks, since Draco isn't in Deathly Hallows that much. I could have stayed there" He leaned forward on his fore arms "But I wanted to see you"

"Why?" I asked curiously.

He chuckled a little bit "Maybe because I missed you. And the fact that the last picture I have of you in my head, isn't pretty" He winced. "Why did you get on a Ferris wheel?"

I shook my head "I don't think that has anything to do with you"

He leaned back a little, hurt, but quickly recovered. "Well fine, don't tell me"

"Why did you come then?" I asked leaning forward now.

He immediately became interested in the table. "I...uh...I" He sighed looking up "You scared the hell out of me. I thought... I really thought that you were going to die, and the thought of that just tore me apart..." He took my hands and held them in his "I want to fix this, I want to fix us"