13 | trips & troubles

Maya woke up on the other side of the bed with Riley, she smiled and took the covers off of her slowly and tip toed out the room and into the bathroom.

She brushed her teeth slowly and looked at herself in the mirror, she noticed something on her kneck.

She moved her hair out the way revealing a hickey, Maya touched it slowly and smiled as she heard a knock on the door.

Maya opened the door slowly and Riley was shown with a tank top and pajama shorts on. Maya smiled and quickly kissed her.

Riley grabbed onto Maya's shirt and pulled her closer to her, Maya went down to Riley's neck leaving big purple marks on it.

Maya stopped when she heard her phone ring, she rolled her eyes and walked over to the phone. Maya sighed when she saw the contact of Lucas appear on her phone.

"Hello?" Maya asked annoyed
"Yeah, Maya can you come over ?" Lucas asked
"Okay, why?" Her voice becoming more concerned.

"I wanna plan a trip and I need you to be here" Lucas explained. Maya smiled, she hasn't gone out of the state in years.

"Yeah, sure we'll be there" Maya said and hung up the phone immediately. Maya squealed and ran up to Riley in the bathroom.

"Guess what happened!" Maya yelled. Riley's eyes widened
"Calm down peaches, what happened?" Riley asked.

Maya started to smile wider
"Lucas wants to go on a trip with all of us!" Maya told her.

"I haven't been out the state in years" she continued
"Yeah I know, so we going or what?" Riley asked
"That's why Lucas wants us there so let's go" Maya said grabbing her hand and leading her out the door.

•••

They arrived at Lucas' house and Maya knocked hardly on the door. Lucas opened it immediately and ran into the house as quickly as she could.

They immediately hugged Elena who was sitting on the couch of Lucas' living room.

"So?" Maya asked
"Are we going?" Riley finished for her. Lucas smiled and wrapped his arms around Riley and Maya, Elena had an unsure look on her face.

She walked up to them and she gave Lucas a strong glare. He quickly let go of Riley and Maya.

"Y-Yeah, we are" Lucas said backing away from Elena who is walking forward. Riley smiled
"Yaaay" she says.

"A-A lil help here" Lucas says referring to Elena who pushed him into the wall. She grinned and pressed her lips onto his.

"It's cute when you're scared" she said with a wink
"Awwwww" Riley and Maya said in unison.

"Yeah, we are planning to go to Texas," Elena said walking back to Riley and Maya
"Again" she whispers.

"Yeah, my pappy joe called and said he really missed y'all" Lucas said walking back
"Well, when are we going?" Maya asked. Lucas grinned
"Right now!" He said making Maya's eyes grow wider.

"Don't worry peaches, I packed your bags!" Riley said with a huge smile planted on her face. Maya furrowed her brows
"You knew about this?" She asked.

Riley nodded
"Yaaaaaaaay" Maya said imitating Riley
"Well our flight leaves at 3, we've got plenty of time to go eat somewhere" Elena says.

Lucas looked at his phone and his eyes widened
"No we don't" he said and rushed out the door with everyone following him.

They rushed to the airport and ran to their boarding section. Everyone was staring at the four running through the crowd.

Memories came flooding through the minds of all of them, Elena leaving, Maya's final goodbye to her mother.

They sat on the rows of chairs leading to their boarding area
"So, this is nice" Riley says looking around.

Maya was looking at the ground with tears filling her mind, she didn't think that she would be able to remember this.

"Maya are you okay?" Riley asked. Maya looked up with tears flowing down her right cheek
"This was the last time I saw my mom. Here in this very place" Maya explained. Riley wrapped her arm around Maya's kneck.

"It's okay Maya because we are going to be in Texas. You love to travel!".

Maya smiled and sniffled
"Yeah" she sighed.

"Now boarding flight 232 to Texas" The flight attendant says. Riley and Maya gasp and they all ran to the line of people waiting for their tickets to be scanned.

After about 30 minutes the gang boarded the plane. Lucas was sitting with Elena, Maya sitting with Riley they talked about life and it's losses.

•••

After 9 long hours in the airplane, Maya was laying on Riley's shoulder as she was wide awake. Maya woke up to the strong turbulence of their landing.

Riley giggled
"You're still awake?" Maya asked in a raspy tons rubbing her eyes
"I have been the whole ride" Riley said staring out the window.

"Are we almost there?" Elena said annoyed. Lucas sighed
"Yes, we are almost here" he said patting her head like a puppy.

"We are now preparing for landing, please buckle your seat belts and stay seated until our flight has come to a complete stop. Thank you for boarding American Airlines" the flight attendant explained.

The sound of buckles filled the airplanes quietness.

After moments of that announcement, the plane has landed and everyone unbuckled their seat belts and gathered their things from the cupboards above.

"Well, we made it" Riley said between a long yawn and grabbing her suitcase. Maya grabbed her bag and suitcase and followed Riley out the airplane and into the cold aired airport.

Riley got her phone out her purse and checked the time
"Wow it's 11:11" she said and smiled. Maya looked over at her and kissed her on the cheek
"I love you" Maya said.

Riley bit her lip hoping to get more
"I love you too" Riley said
"Awwwwwwwwwww" Lucas and Elena said in unison.

As they walked out the cold airport, a taxi and a man holding a card that said
'Friar'.

Lucas walked up too him
"That's us" he said gesturing to Riley, Maya & Elena.

He opened the door slowly and we walked into the cab.

"Yay" Maya says softly
"We made it!" Riley continued.

-
sorry for the SHITTY CHAPTER BUTTTT AT LEAST THIS BOOK IS OFF OF ITS HIATUS (((; next chapter is where the 'trouble' comes in.