14 | trips & troubles pt.2

The cab dropped them off in front of pappy joe's house, it was exactly how it was in 8th grade.

"Wow" Elena said nodding with her eyes wide open
"Yeah, let's go" Maya said grabbing her suitcase from the trunk of the cab and running to the patio.

She knocked softly, Riley pressed her ears against the door to check for sound. The sound of big boots filled her ears as she stepped back.

Pappy Joe opened the door and smiled immediately
"Maya?" He said looking at her. She smiled softly. He looked over to Riley
"Riley?" He asked.

Riley nodded
"It's good to see you pappy joe" Riley said. He smiled
"You guys are so grown up!" He said with a huge smile.

Lucas walked towards the porch with Elena by his side and he hugged pappy joe.

Pappy Joe gave him a huge pat on the back and hugged Elena telling her how much Lucas has missed her when she was gone.

"Well, you guys can come on in" Papp Joe said opening the door as the three girls walked in leaving Lucas to carry all the bags.

"Well at least it's night, we can go to sleep and relax" Riley said setting her stuff into the drawers of the guest room.

"Yeah, well I wanna go somewhere fun" Maya whined making Riley scoff.
"We just got here and now you want to go somewhere?" Riley asked.

"Yep!" Maya said rushing out of the room over to Lucas
"So huckleberry, where we going?". Lucas looked at her confused
"We just got here now you wanna leave?".

Maya nodded
"Just to celebrate, that we came". Pappy Joe walked into the house
"Yeah, y'all should go. Celebrate" he told them.

Riley walked out of the room
"So we are really going?" She asked. Maya smiled and ran out the door.

Riley, Lucas and Elena followed as they went to Chubby's Famous BBQ Pit.

They sat down at the table nearest to the mini bar, Maya let out a small giggle when she saw all the ribs one of the waiters were handing out.

"Well, what would you guys like?" Lucas asked. Riley looked over at him and over to Maya with a questioned look on her face.

"Well, I don't want anything b--" Maya said being interrupted by a young man staring at her with a small grin.
"Who dat?" Maya asked pointing at the boy who just looked away.

"That's Josh, he's the 'face' of Texas right now" Lucas explained. Maya looked back at Josh and winked making him smile and drop his head.

Riley shoved Maya making her cringe
"What?".
"Stop flirting with people. You're mine" Riley said with an angrily voice and staring back at the table.

The boy set down his drink at the bar table and walked over to the table where the four were sitting at.

"Hi" he said with a soft voice sitting next to Maya. Riley looked at Lucas confused and stared back at the boy who just sat down.

"Hey" Maya said smiling
"You wanna grab a drink?" He asked. Maya looked at Riley who grabbed Maya's arm
"Nope she's mine, but thank you for the offer" Riley said sipping her lemonade.

"I'll pay" he added. Maya quickly got out of Riley's grip and followed him to the bar leaving Riley there angry.

"So, where are you from" Josh immediately asked. Maya took a small sip of her Jack Daniel. She cringed from the taste
"I'm from New York. I'm here visiting my bestfriends grandad" Maya explained nodding her head.

Josh chuckled
"What's your name?"
"I'm Maya". She extended her arm for him to shake
"I'm Josh" he said grabbing her hand shaking it.

Maya stared into his eyes shaking his hand viciously
"Yeah, I'm not doing this" Maya said getting out of his grip. Maya sat back down next to Riley and wrapped her arm around her.

"Oh! So you're back already?" Riley asked sarcastic. Maya looked at her with furrowed brows
"What?" She asked.

"I didn't expect to see you so soon, did you have fun?" Riley smiled
"We just introduced ourselves then, I left?" Maya said confused
"What is it with you?".

Riley looked back at the table
"I was pretty sure y'all were gonna hook up" she said making Maya scoff
"Riley, why would I hook up with someone if I'm madly in love with you?".

Riley looked up at her and smiled
"You are?" She asked with a soft voice. Maya grabbed her hand
"You know I do, I will never stop just because someone is offering me a drink" she said in awe.

"I love you Maya" Riley said
"I know you do" Maya said resting her head on Riley's shoulder.

-
haven't updated in foreverrrrr so here ya go (: + riley did get jealous & still is.