How it all started

It was a  hot summer day and I had just finished job hunting  so far no luck all tired and hungry as I search my pocket I found 3 dollars knowing what I could get with the 3 dollars wouldn't fill up my stomach I still made my way up the street to Big Mama's diner as I was about to open the door I spotted a coupon , picked it up and it was a 10$ big mama's coupon.  Hopeful I check the expiration  date and sure enough it was not expired yet

"Thank god " i sight as I walked in the dinner .

My face changed from sadness to happy real quick I haven't had a full meal in days!!!

I waited in line for couple minutes

" next customer please " a young lady said looking at me .

I smiled and made my way up to the register

"Welcome to Big Mama's how can I help you today ?"
"Hi can I get uhh...Pancakes  meal with umm the..the bb..bacon  and no eggs please " I said with my thick accent with hope that I pronounced it correctly enough for her to understand.

She smiled at me and repeated my order and I confirmed it

"Anything else? No drinks "

"Oh yeah sorry can I get water please and I have a coupon " I said shyly as o handed it to her

"Sure thing coming right up , I'll bring it to your table" she said while looking at the coupon I gave her and added my coupon on the computer, after she was done she handed me my recipe.

I walked  to a empty table , sat down too shy to look around in a fear of people judging me and talking bad about what I was wearing and what I looked like I just started down at the table and played with my nails .

Couple minutes later the young lady came to my table and set my food on the table the smell of the good food triggered my stomach to start growling .

"Thank you "I said shyly

"You welcome sweetie "she said while looking at me, she has been looking at me ever since I walked  in the dinner.

Couple minutes later a couple people walked in the diner being loud and sat at the table in front of me I quickly looked up and saw about 8 people seating down at the table and I saw one of the guys look at me I quickly looked down at my metro pcs Lg phone pretending to text even though it was off and has no wifi I found it on the street and use it to look at the time.

The young waitress walked over to them and hugged the guys that seem me looking I them maybe they were together I old myself.

I kept "texting" and eating swallowing my food as I looked up that young lady was coming up to me and sat down at my table.

"Hey, I just want you to know that your skin is amazing "she said smiling at me I was shocked I mean me? My skin ? She is funny . As I looked at her more she was a beauty short Caramel girl with a a short fading dark purple Bob hair .

"Thank you , you as well "I said snapping out of my thoughts.

"Where are you from ?" She asked me looking back at the boy them back to me .

"Uh..South Sudan "I said clearing my throat.

"Omg really ..well" and from there we talked for hours she had clocked out so we staid there and talk and talked and talked , it was pretty cool I found out a lot about her , her name is Kalani she is half Jamaican and Dominican she said she and her brothers grew up in Dominican Republic until she was 3 then moved to New York for 7 years before moving here to Atlanta 9 years ago . I found out her brother opened this dinner and gave it to there mom as a Mother's Day present 2 years ago and she even gave me a job there too!!!! I start tomorrow I am excited but nervous.

>>>>LETTER FROM AUTHOR <<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey Lovely's!! This has been long overdue I been going back and fourth with should I go back to writing against ??Yes ? No??? Ughhhh lol but this is not my 1st book on wattpad I had a book couple years ago it was doing really good but I don't know it felt fake to me so I deleted took time off but now am back!!!!!