Nikki is born

Me and kalani went the the store yesterday after leaving the diner
We went in the hair dye section as kalani started looking for hair dye I looked around amazed because in Sudan I haven't really seen all of this before and the only store I really been to in America is cvs and the thrift store...I don't really go places.

"There you go , I found my color!!" Kalani said excited.
" have you ever dyed your hair Ny-aaa-niaikoo? Sorry girl your name is really hard to pronounced got me feeling like I was at a spelling bee ,  do you mind if I call you umm..Nikki for short? She said  excited

I thought about it for awhile and nikki does not sound bad I like it " yeah sure and no i always wanted too " I said
looking around.

" well today is the day I saw this dark burgundy color and I think it will look  poppingggg on you girllll you are going to be looking amaze godd slaying and killing every bitch staring" she said while laugh she is crazy .

after couple minutes of going back and forth with kalani I finally gave up and let her buy me the burgundy dye.

" Thank you , I'll pay you back" I said as  she paid and we walked out of the store .

She stopped and looked at me like I just killed someone " who said anything about paying me back??? Girl bye"
After talking  in the parking lot for a lil while kalani offered to take me home and the car ride was fun am glad I finally found a friend .

I didn't want her to drive me all the way home so as we got around the riches houses I told her to just stop and I will walk

"Hey, um you could stop here my house is right there but if you pull in our driveway my dad would flip out he is ..umm very protective " I lied

" oh okay I understand...oh yeah what's your number I'll text you when I get home and if you want I'll pick you up for work tomorrow " she said giving me her phone to put my number in.

" ughh my phone died..well it broke  and uhhh my dad hasn't bought another yet and no is fine my umh driver will take me to go but thank you though " I lied again while fake smiling
I know I should just tell her to truth but what if she judges me and stop being my friend .

"Uh .. Okay girl see you tomorrow at work!!"she said while driving off "

I took a big breath and started walking  out of the rich neighborhood , then it started raining it didn't really bother me because in Africa I use to play in the rain with my brother and sisters God I missed them . After 10 minutes of walking I looked at my surroundings making sure the coast was clear then I jumped the fence into the abandoned house I been staying ever since I ran away from my uncle's house couple months after coming to America.

It was a small  single studio apartment with broken windows I taped news papers on the window, then put small bucket around the room for when it rains .

I walked to the bathroom and looked in the small cracked mirror barely seeing my whole face in there I took the hair dye and started dying my hair, then I washed it a couple times before letting it air dry since I don't have a blow dryer  an hour later I started Bantu knotting it and wrapped my hair with one of my old shirt that doesn't fit me anymore .

I looked at the time and it was 10 pm and the phone was at 10 percent, there no power in the abandoned house I stay in so  I use candles at night to read but for only couple minutes because I don't want people to know someone leaves here and I usually charge the phone every morning at the subway up the streets.  After finishing my book that I got from a donation box I put my cloths aside for work tomorrow and turn the candles off and fell right sleep.