Chapter thirty-seven

Aunt Jamie

I walk in the door and see Stephan in the kitchen. He seems like he has his phone in his hand. Maybe he got Harry's number. I set my things down and walk in to meet him.

"Hi honey" I give him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiles and hands me his phone. I look at him questioningly then look down to see a number dialed into the phone. Obviously it was Harry's.

"Why didn't you call him already?" I ask him and he looks away.

"I am just scared something is gonna happen when they see each other and then Emma really won't do the scans" I see a tear fall from his eyes and on his cheek. I quickly wipe it from him and look him in the eyes.

"Honey, Harry wants to help her trust me. You didn't see how they were in the hospital that one night." he nods his head. "How about I call him" he nods once again. I smile and walk out the back door and onto the deck.

I hit call and it starts ringing.

"Come on Harry" I say to myself and it's like instantly the ringing stops.

"Hello?" A deep voice fills the phone and I choke up but calm myself down quickly.

"Hello. This is Jamie. Is this Harry styles?" I ask politely into the phone.

"Um do I know you?" He questions.

"Yes. I was Emma's nurse the night you both came into the hospital a while back" I hear his breath get stuck in his throat.

"What's wrong? Is she okay? Where is she?" He spills with a bunch of questions and not taking a breath between. This makes my heart ache thinking they probably haven't talked in days maybe weeks.

"Oh honey, she's okay and she's safe" I hear him let out of breath of relief. "At least I think she's safe..." I say lastly because it's the truth.

"What do you mean you think. What's going on?" I can tell he's getting angry by the growling behind his tone.

"Well I'm her aunt. The night she left your house she came to mine and found this out herself. I didn't tell her the night she came to the hospital because she was confused and I didn't want to burden her with this. But the reason I'm calling Harry is because she hasn't left her room and her door is locked. Sometimes I can hear her talking and screaming lightly. She told her uncle and I about her condition but we don't know how to handle it so we leave her there. But every time I come to the door she stops and says she's fine. She hasn't eaten in days. My husband and I were thinking about running some tests on her in the hospital but we know we can't get her there but we know you can" I try to say to him hoping he will understand.

"I know what's wrong with her. This use to happen before she moved in with me. I would like to help but she doesn't want me so there isn't anything I can do" he says lightly and makes me sadden by his words.

"Please Harry your all we have left to help her. These tests might fix her." I say hoping it can change her mind.

"She doesn't want help. So your stuck. When Emma doesn't want help she will do everything she can to turn you down" his voice shakes from his words. I can tell he doesn't want to say the things he's saying because he wishes they weren't true.

"Harry. Help me. You never know maybe she will go with it if you are there" I say lastly. There is a very long pause making me think he hung up but every now and then I can here him breathing into the phone.

"Okay. Doesn't hurt to try I guess" he says uneasy.

"Thank you Harry. Meet us at the hospital early tomorrow morning around like 8. This means a lot to her and us. I hope it works. But don't text her what's going on or she won't go" he agrees and then we hang up.

Maybe this will change her life for the better.

Emma

I wake up the next day to a knock on my door. But I just don't have the strength to answer loudly.

"Y-yes" I push out but ends up being more of a whisper.

"Emma can you open the door now!" I hear my aunt say from the other side. But this time it wasn't her sweet voice it was more of a demand.

I take time to listen and see if they had anything to say but it was quiet. I pull the sheets off of me and use all of my little bit of strength and throw my legs over the side pulling my body up. I turn to look at my mirror for a quick second and it makes me take a second look because it does not look like me in it. My legs were way skinnier than they usually are and my face was a mess and looks like I haven't slept in days which is accurate. I tear my eyes from the disgusted image in the mirror and manage to make my way over to the door slowly but surely. I unlock the door and open it to see my aunt with her arms crossed but then they uncross and her face goes soft as she seems me.

"Oh my god Emma!" He screeches and pulls me into a hard hug making me wince because of how fragile I feel.

"H-hi" I laugh but smile at the same time. It feels nice to have someone with me at the moment.

"Come with me I want to take you somewhere" she says out of no where grabbing my hand and leading me to the stairs but I stop and let go of her hand before she has the chance to pull me down them with her.

"It's h-hard to walk b-because I feel s-so weak" I say grabbing the railing and slowly making my way down the stairs. She looks at me with such worry in her eyes but continues down the stairs.

Once I make it down the stairs it's like a sigh of relief. My aunt helps me put on some shoes then walks me to the car and helps me in. I really didn't want to go anywhere today but I'm too tired to fight about not wanting to go.

"W-where are we g-going?" I turn my head to my aunt who has both hands gripping the steering wheel and concentrated on the road.

"Oh uh you'll see" she smiles down at me and I just nod at her and close my eyes letting her take me somewhere which results in me falling asleep for the first time in weeks.

Soon the car comes to a stop and my aunt jumps out and runs to my side to unbuckle me and help me out. That's when I look up and realize we're at a hospital.

Within seconds my blood runs cold and I feel trapped again.