Triton and Percy

(Poseidon's POV)

16 years ago.....

I pace back and forth, listening to the screams of my wife and the doctor's encouragements.

Before long, I hear the cry of a newborn. The crying is loud, and rings out through the halls.

"Your majesty!"

I turn to see the castle nurse running up to me from inside the infirmary. My palms are sweaty, and I look up at her quickly.

"Yes? How is she?"

She stops to catch her breath, before straightening up. "The labor was quick and easy, and she has given birth. She is perfectly well-"

"Thank god! May I see my son?" I say, and she nods with a smile. I run past her, bursting through the door.

My beautiful queen is laying in the bed, surrounded by doctors and nurses. She is gorgeous, even after giving birth to the heir to my throne.

She is holding a little baby boy, and smiles when she sees me. I kneel down next to her, and she whispers, "Meet Triton."

I look down at my newly born son in wonder. He's perfect.

"What a perfect heir. Sally, this is fantastic!"

"Oh, Poseidon, things couldn't have gone better!"

"Well, just be glad he wasn't twins! You know very well that we can't have more than one child."

"I know, I know. Now, I am tired- take Triton to the nursery, and I'll see you soon!"

"Goodbye, my dearest."

****************
(Sally's POV)

The very second Poseidon leaves the room, my body is racked with another wave of pain and contractions. I gasp, and order the maids to shut the door.

I let out short, strangled screams of pain, while the doctor comes running toward me.

"Holy Zeus- there's another one coming!"

"We really need to get the new equipment- we would've been able to see that there were two before today!" The nurse shouts.

I scream to interrupt them.

"Queen Sally, push!"

"Push!"

"Push!"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?!" I roar, and the doctor shrinks back a little.

"You're almost there!" He says, but much more cautious this time.

The pain slowly leave me, and I slump backwards. My gods, I'm not doing this again!

"It's another boy!"

My blood runs cold when I realize what's just happened.

"Poseidon can't know that I've had a second son!" I order, and the doctors look at me in surprise.

"Molly!" I call to my head maid. "Prepare the eastern tower for my child- he must be raised there in secret!"

"But Your Majesty-"

"No buts, this is my final decision! It's for his safety..."

Everyone nods, and Molly takes the baby from my arms. "You all must swear that you will never tell a living soul about this, am I clear?"

"Crystal."

"Your Highness, you must give the child a name at least!"

I look at the beautiful baby, pain twinning in my heart. I don't want to lose my child, I want to raise him with Triton. However, I can't do that.

With the imminent threat of the rebels, a second heir is not an option. Families were only allowed to have one son- including the royals.

The townspeople and kingdom folk, however, would have greeted Percy with open arms, excited to have a second heir. But with the imminent threat of the rebels, his life would be in danger before it even really began.

"His name will be Percy."

And with that, Molly hurried off, taking my son into hiding for the rest of his life.