The proof

You grabbed Percy's hand and led him to the pool room.

"Watch." You said sternly. You jumped in the water and then hopped out. "See? My clothes are wet!" You told him.

He scoffed. "Whatever. I can make my clothes wet too."

You thought for a second. "Ok. Well watch this." You pulled out your dagger that you carried around everywhere and cut deep into your arm.

"Y/n what are you doing?!?" Percy yelled.

You dipped your arm in the water and let out a slight choked sound.

"See, I'm n-not healed." You said in pain.

Percy shook his head. "That doesn't prove anything." He said as he turned and walked out the door.

You stood there with your mouth open. All the anger you had felt these past few days had come to your mind. All the rumors, the looks people gave you, Percy being so stubborn. It was all too much.

"Thanks for ruining my life" Percy said as he approached the door.

Suddenly, one last idea popped into your head. It was crazy. But you thought about everything. You had to do it. "Percy wait! There's one last thing I need to show you!"

He groaned but walked back to the pool.

"Get in the water with me." You ordered and he did so. He got in the water and looked at you. "Now let's go underwater." You told him and he went under with you." You knew he could see you. You thought one last time but decided there was no going back. You took a deep breath underwater and began to choke.

You took another breath, and another, and another until your world went black.