20) REAL LIFE

Addison walked into the pizza bistro and looked around to see if she could see Sebastian anywhere. She was a little early so she wasn't surprised when she didn't see him. She went up to the hostess and asked for a table for two. She sat down and ordered a cup of coffee.

And she waited. She just looked out the window next to her and watched as people walked by.

And as cliché as it seems, she started wondering what her life would be like if she hadn't ever become "famous". She never would have met any of the people in her life that she now could never live with out. Happiness to Addison was always relative to her work. Before work it was school. She had always found joy in doing something correctly; she found pride in doing a good job and completing a task.

Would she be in love? Possibly... but she knew that the love she had for Sebastian - or rather the love she felt growing inside of her for the man - could never compare to anyone else.

And as she sat thinking, she didn't realize that an hour had gone by. The waiter gave her a sympathetic look as he approached her table for the third time.

"Miss, are you sure that you wanna wait any longer? I could get you some more coffee or some garlic bread?"

"Um sure. To both, please. I'm sure he just got caught up with something. Thank you." He nodded and walked to get more coffee and some food.

After the cup had been replenished and the warm garlic bread had been placed in front of her, she went back to looking out the window. This time, however, she thought about CA: Civil War: the nerves of acting in front of some of the most famous people in the world, the anxiety of filming her first major motion picture, and the awkwardness there would be if Sebastian and she didn't work their problems out.

The last thought scared her the most. She barely knew this cast. She barely knew these people and she didn't want her problems, her past, to create a riff. She didn't want to be the cause of any tension.

And again another hour passed and it was just after 10pm now.

"Ma'am," the waiter said.

"Yes?"

"Well, I don't want to make feel bad but seeing as you've been sitting here for two hours and the guy that you were waiting for isn't going to show up, the manager said the coffee and garlic bread were on the house."

"Oh, you don't have to do that! I can pay it," Addison said. She reached for her purse and grabbed her wallet.

"No, ma'am. It's totally okay."

"Are you sure? I feel bad just sitting and taking up a table. I didn't even order a pizza."

"I can tell that you needed some time to think. It's fine." And the waiter walked away. Addi sighed and glanced at her watch. If he hadn't come by now then he wasn't going to come. She placed a fifty dollar bill underneath the cup that previously had been filled coffee. She gathered her things and walked towards the door.

She turned left out of the restaurant and headed towards her apartment. She was about to cross the street when she heard someone running and calling her name.

"Addison! Addi! Wait! Shit, excuse me! Sorry! Addison!"

She turned around and saw a red faced Sebastian making his way through the people in front of the people towards her. She stood still, but just looked at the ground. When he finally reached her, he was out of breath and his long hair in preparation for shooting was disheveled.

"Addi, I - I don't know what to say."

"Hi." He chuckled a bit.

"Hello, Adds. Do you want to go some place a bit warmer?"