NINETEEN

The keys of the keyboard felt satisfyingly cold against Nova's fingers as she pressed random ones for a couple of minutes. She had been home for about two days, and she had mostly slept to adjust to the different time zone. She hadn't spoken to anyone except for Jake, and she hadn't gotten a new phone so she had been catching up on some episodes of The 100.

She had just woken up, so she was dressed in one of Jake's old t-shirts and her hair was in a tangled braid that was resting on her back. Nova started playing an actual song, the music felt familiar to her so she just kept playing until she remembered what song it was, then she started singing.

"I'm just going to get some water," Audrey said and got up from the couch in Jake's room. They were all hanging out, with the exception of Kieran and Zoe, they had no idea where those two were. She walked out of her friend's room and was about to head to the kitchen when she heard music. She immediately knew that it wasn't coming from Jake's room, but it took her a couple of seconds to realize that somebody was singing it live, and that it wasn't coming from a computer or anything.

Now, Audrey knew better than to snoop, of course she did. But the voice sounded oddly familiar, so she decided to follow the music. She ended up outside a room with the door cracked open, so she quietly pushed the door opened, her eyebrow furrowing in confusiong when she saw someone with dark hair sitting by a keyboard.

"Nova?" Audrey asked- no, she said it in a questioning tone. The girl stopped playing and turned around, smiling. It didn't take long for bi-curious to walk up to the other girl and put her hands on her slightly tan cheeks. She just stared into her eyes for a few moment before she kissed a bruise under her right eye. "Kisses heal, now don't tell anyone about this. I'm not a softie."

Nova just laughed and embraced Audrey tightly, a few tears of happiness running down her cheeks.

"Cutie, we finally meet."

"Shut up."