Meeting Ultron

We had gotten a message to come to the church in the middle of Sokovia.

Pietro and I were playing 20 questions to get to know each other better. I hate to say it, because after what happened with Marcos, I just can't fall in love again. Then came the question.

"Who hurt you so bad that you volunteered?"

I started stuttering.

"I can't tell you yet, I'm not ready. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," He said as we arrived, although he looked hurt. I couldn't blame him. We had become so close during those months we spent in those cells.

"We're here." Said Wanda, "talk, and if you are wasting our time-"

She was cut off by a man's voice saying," did you know that this church was built in the center of the city. So everyone could equally close to God. You're wondering why you can't read my mind."

"It's might be hard sometimes, but every man shows himself eventually." Wanda said.

The man stood up, his cloak falling off. He was a giant metal man. A robot.

"But you needed more than a man, that's why you let Stark take the scepter."

"I did not expect, but I knew his fear would lead him to self destruct." Wanda said.

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create war, invaders create Avengers, people create...smaller people. What's the word? Children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them, to help them, end," The man said.

"Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?" I asked.

"I've come to save the world, but also, yeah." Ultron said, "We'll move out right away. This begins the real work."

"All of these are-" I was cut off by Ultron.

"Me," He stated,"I have what the Avengers never will, harmony. They're discordinated. Shark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads-."

Pietro cuts him off,"Everyone's plan is not to kill them."

"And make them martyrs?" Ultron asked,"you need patience, you need to see the big picture."

"I don't see the big picture, I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it, every day." Pietro said

"You lost your parents in the bombings, I've seen the records." Ultron added.

"The records are not the picture."

"Pietro," Wanda tries to stop him, but Ultron said,"No."

"We were ten years old, having dinner, the four of us, then the first she'll hits, two floors down. It makes a big hole in the floor. Our parents go in. I grab her, roll under the bed, then the second shell hits, but it does not go off, it just sits there, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell, one word is painted," Pietro explained.

He had told me this when we were still with Strucker, so I already knew their story.

"Stark," Wanda finished," for two days we stay there, waiting for Tony Stark to kill us, every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, this will set it off, this is when he kills us.

"I wondered why only you three survived, I know why they did, what about you?" Ultron said to me.

"I guess you deserve to know. When I was a teenager, I was a very beautiful girl, and had many suitors. One was crazy though. He wanted me all to himself, so he killed my parents and all of my suitors and friends. I joined Strucker so that I could be strong enough to kill him." I finished.

Wanda and Pietro looked at me with sympathy, and Pietro with something else I couldn't comprehend. Ultron looked at me and said,"then go. We can do this without you, you do what you were meant to do."

Wanda looked at me with tears in her eyes. Silently begging me not to leave. Pietro looked worse.

"Please don't leave me." He begged.

I looked at him and said," I have to go. I'll find you again sometime. Okay, I will always find you."

Then Pietro did something unexpected, he kissed me.