The Returning

I was hauling ass down a long alleyway, pulling Ben behind me. I swung him into my arms as I ran toward an old chain metal fence. I pushed him on top of it and climbed over fence after him.
"Keep going," I yelled after him. I sprinted to catch up with him. I could still hear the labored yelling of the infected chasing us. I grabbed Ben by the arm and picked him up again. When I hit the end of the alley I saw an old crumbling building and darted toward it. I could see two more infected rounding from left of the alleyway. When I hit the door of the building it snapped open, inside there were old tables covered in dust. All the food had been cleaned out long ago. I spotted an old swinging door that looked as though it led to a kitchen. I set Ben down and pushed two tables against the door. I pulled him toward the swinging door.
"Lily?", He called up to me. I pulled him into the kitchen. Inside there was an old fridge, no one would think to look in it because this place was already cleaned out. I heard the infected pounding on the door.
"Shit," I muttered.
"Whats wrong Lily?" Ben asked.
"Nothing baby, nothing"
My mind was spinning, I had to save him.
"Alright Benny, we're gonna do something not so fun. Okay? I'm gonna put you in the fridge and you're gonna be really quiet for me. Then I'm gonna take the bad guys away and come back for you." I knelt beside him and picked him up.
"No Lily no," he cried "Please don't leave me."
I opened the fridge door as the pounding grew louder. I knew they would be inside any minute now.
"Ben, I love you. Momma and Dad would be so proud of you. You're such a big boy. Just do what I say, okay?" I pushed him inside along with my pack and the knife I keep on my hip.
"You have food and water in here Benny," I patted my pack. I heard the door snap open and jumped. I put my finger over my mouth and shut the fridge door. I shuffled to the kitchen door, there were four men in the front corridor. They were looking under the tables, and throwing the broken chairs. I readied myself and sprinted toward the front door, one of the men grabbed my shoulder and I heard the material of my shirt rip. I pushed through the door and down the street. Two of the men were close behind me, I could feel it. I stopped and turned around to fight, one of the men hit me with something shiny and every thing went black.
My eyes flew open and I sat straight up. I was trying to make sense of everything when Eli came in.
"I remember" I whispered meeting his worried eyes.