Chapter 9- The Worry

'Find Cory her wolf is in control' Leon heard linked to him from his father. He had been going over notes and paperwork on how to run the pack when he heard it, a look of puzzlement on his face. What the hell? He asked himself when he quickly made his way out of the house. 

'What's going on?' Leon asked his father through the mindlink. 

'I'll explain later but we might have a problem just do as I say' Without further hesitation he stripped and shifted,heading straight for her home. Thinking that since his father had had an emergancy link to head for the school that Cory had been the problem. He could feel his lungs expanding with each quick breath as he pushed himself to his limit arriving at her house with seconds to spare. he tilted his snout in the air and down to the ground trying to pick up her scent but all he could smell was, strangely enough human, and an intoxicating smell of sweet musk. He found himself taking huge lungfuls of the smell feeling his chest grow warm. And then heat up as the feeling traveled south. 

What is this smell? he asked himself as he sniffed the air. It seemed to be all around him, almost as if it didn't belong to anything but the air. Yet it seemed to be the only thing he could smell. It swelled and surrounded him, dazing him. He almost linked his father about it but refrained. What kind of wolf couldn't get past one smell? He could almost hear his father's patronizing tone and decided he had to tap deep inside him to even think straight. Yet his wolf seemed just as distracted. 

He couldn't seem to shake this off so he relied more on his other senses like sound and sight but even Leon could realize how handicapped his wolf was. But he took his time, his hieghtened sight taking in every nook and cranny, looking for tracks, even imprints that a wolf had been here. And found nothing. He made another cirlce, taking his time, not letting the time bother him as he peered intently at all the trees, every bit of folige until he froze at something that seemed not to be well covered. There, against the bark of a tree, was marroon discoloration. With his snout, Leon moved the dead leaves aside to find more marroon and tried to sniff the scent only to be assaulted by more of a sweet scent. His body hardened.

'I found blood' Leon he linked.

'Whos?' His father asked and cringed when he realized he couldn't tell. 

'I don't know'

'I'm on my way'

****

Idiot.

He was a complete and utter idiot. 

What had possesed him? What in the world had told him that it would be okay? His heart clenched when he felt the calling. Oh god what had possesed him? It was so much stronger now. God what had fucking possessed him? He paced up and down the empty hallway instead of mopping it. He couldn't concentrate and he knew it was his own damned fault. Another hard clench siezed his heart and a hollow scream resounded in his head. He froze. Oh God what had he been thinking? He clutched the mop in his hand hard, yet he couldn't control the tremor that rocked through him as his wolf fought for control. 

The temptation had been to great, he realized, and he's never been good with keeping himself a saint. And for her he'd fall into temptation over and over again even if he didn't deserve it. Yet this was beyond immoral, this was downright sinning.

Why had he bitten her? And there of all places.

He wanted to sob, cry, and in that moment his control slipped and his wolf barreled forward. And all that beast wanted was the light haired angel that was in a blazing heat for him. 

****

Jeremy was in his physics class trying desprately to concentrate but his mind kept wondering, thinking of hazel eyes and dark skin, of a girl with beautiful chestnut colored curls and an electric smile that never failed to make his heart skip a beat. And seeing her again cemented in him that although she was made for him he could not have her.