Chapter 8: Girls day

I couldn't stop thinking of what Ben asked me. Out of all the girls in the school, why does he have to like me? There's way more prettier Omegas here that he could chase after but no, he has to go after me. Ben has a mate out there somewhere but he would rather have a little crush on me. Thoughts flooded my mind until I felt Hunter's anger. 

"Put the mutt in his place." Hunter growled.

"I did, don't worry." I said.

The end of the day bell rang and broke my out of my thoughts. Hunter stopped talking to me and put his shield up. I quickly put my books in my bag and walked out. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out. Looking down at my phone I saw Beta Mia had texted me.

"I'm outside waiting for you, bring your friend Sophie along." She said.

"Yes Beta Mia." I said back.

I walked to my locker and found Sophie already there.

"Beta Mia texted me saying she was outside. She told me to bring you along." I said.

"I'll text my mother and tell her I'll be late coming home." Sophie said.

"Does your mother not care if you come home late?" I asked.

"Not really, it's not like I'm leaving pack grounds. She's probably working at the pack house right now. " She said back.

I grabbed my jacket out of locker and closed my locker. Walking outside with Sophie we found Beta Mia parked right out front. Luna was in the car with Beta Mia, which confused me. Sophie and I got into the back and buckled in.
"Afternoon ladies." Beta Mia said.

"Afternoon Beta." Sophie said.

"How come you came and pick us up Beta Mia?" I asked.

"Isabella and I decided to have a girl's day today. The boys are gone so we may as well do it now." Beta Mia said.

"Where are we going first?" I asked.
"It's a surprise." Isabella said.

Beta Mia started pulling out of the parking lot and I rolled down my window.

"Is Mandy not coming?" Luna asked.

"No, she's got a sliding door to fix." Beta Mia said.

Sophie looked at me confused and I just shook my head at her. Beta Mia  stopped the car the car suddenly and I almost got whip lash.  I was confused and looked out the window. Mandy walked over to the car and walked around to the drivers side.

"You go straight home Mandy. You need to make sure the Omegas do their job before we get back." Beta Mia said.

She handed Mandy keys and she slipped them into her pocket.
"Bye darling." Beta Mia said.

Mandy walked away without saying a word.

"She doesn't have the best attitude, but she gets that from me." Beta Mia laughed.

Beta Mia pulled out the school's parking lot and we were off. At the first stop light, I saw Ben sitting on a bench by himself. Sophie looked out my window and saw him.

"He looks so sad." Sophie said.

"I know." I said sadly.

We all sat in silence the rest of the way.  Beta Mia pulled into a plaza parking lot and parked the car.

"Let's go shopping ladies." She said.

We all got out and walked inside the small store. There was no one in the store when we walked in.