Chapter 17: The ceremony

When it was Friday, I was regretting saying yes to Ben. I really didn't want to go to the ceremony. There was no point of me going really. I would have my heart broken again. Omega's had to go to any event. I knew this was important. I looked up at my clock. It was already 4:00. I sighed. I got up out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I looked into my fridge and saw a bottle of wine. I knew I wanted it, but it wasn't the best thing for me. I heard a knock of the door.

"Aurora? It's Sophie." She said.

I heard her sit down.

"I hope you are going to the ceremony today. I know you want nothing to do with anyone, please come." Sophie said.

I walked over to my door and unlocked it. I opened my door.

"Come in." I said.

She smiled and jumped up. She hugged into me. I hugged her back.

"I missed you." She said.

"Me too." I said.

I closed the door behind her. She looked around my apartment.

"Nice apartment." Sophie said.

"Thanks." I said.

We walked back into my living room. I sat down on the couch.

"So what have you been up to?" She asked me as she sat down.

"Literally nothing," I said.

Sophie told me what had happened since I was last at school. It was more than I thought.

"How's Hunter? It's not that I care or anything." I said.

She shrugged.

"I never knew him personally enough to tell the difference." Sophie said.

I nodded. I looked up at the clock. It was 4:30. I sighed. I had to get up and get ready.

"If I put my dress on, will you zip me up?" I asked.

"Sure." She said.

I got up and walked into my bedroom. I grabbed my red dress and put it on. I grabbed my heels and walked back out. Sophie smiled at me.

"Just zip me up. Ben will be here soon." I said.

"Ben?" She asked as she walked to me.

"Ben asked me to go with him. I accepted." I said.

Sophie zipped it up.

"You need lipstick." Sophie said.

"I don't have any." I said.

Sophie dug through her purse and pulled a stick out.

"I do." She said.

I sighed and took it from her. I walked to my wall mirror and applied the lipstick. I looked at my hair. It covered my neck so the mark wouldn't show. I hoped no one could smell Hunter on me. I heard a knock on my door. Sophie beat me to the door and opened it. Ben stood tall in a tux.

"Benjamin wow! You look great." Sophie said.

"Thank you." He said.

He looked at my. His jaw dropped.

"Cat got your tongue?" I asked.

Ben swallowed hard. I laughed. I grabbed my keys.

"Let's go." I said.

*At the ceremony.*

The ceremony would be starting in 15 minutes. It was being held outside. I didn't Hunter around anywhere. We decided to waste some time and walk around. They had tables set up already for the dinner. They had cupcakes with the letters H and S. I growled at it. We all walked over to the seating around. There was a built stage. Alpha Loka and the Luna were on the stage. We all walked to our seat and sat down. Alpha Loka grabbed a microphone.

"Everyone we will be starting the ceremony now." He said.

Everyone walked over and started taking their seats. Mothers with their children pasted me. One stopped and looked at me. He ran over to me.

"Luna." He said as her laughed.

"I'm not the Luna sweetie." I said back.

"Yes you are." He said.

"Charlie dear, come on." A lady said.

The boy ran over to his mom and walked away with her.

"What was that?" Ben asked me.

"No idea." I said.

Alpha Loka stood in the middle of the stage. He waited until everyone was quiet. Once everyone was quiet, he cleared his throat and began talking.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming. Today is a very important day for our pack. Today, my son will become Alpha. Hunter has found his mate. She will become your Luna." Alpha Loka said.

Ella growled at his words. A low growl left my mouth but thankfully, no one heard.

"Welcome your new Luna with open arms!" Alpha Loka yelled.

Everyone cheered. Sydney stepped out on the stage. I walked every step she took. She stood beside Isabella.

"Welcome your new Alpha with open arms!" Isabella yelled.

Hunter walked out and towards Alpha. Everyone cheered. A couple of people screamed his name. Alpha Loka put his hand up and everyone went silent.

"Thank you." He said.

Alpha nodded to Isabella. She started to walk over to the table. She grabbed a knife and brought it over to Alpha.

"Do you Hunter Smith; accept Sydney Lancaster as the Luna of your pack?" Alpha asked.

"I do." He said.

Ella cried at his answer.

"Do you Sydney Lancaster; accept Hunter Smith as the Alpha of your pack?" Isabella asked.

"I do." She said.

Alpha Loka handed Hunter a knife. Hunter looked down, and slid the knife across the palm of his hand. I felt the stinging in my hand. I put my hand into a fist. Hunter handed Sydney the knife. She cut her palm.

"You may shake hands." Alpha Loka said.

I didn't want to look, but I couldn't turn my head. Hunter put his hand out, and so did Sydney. They were an inch away, but Hunter stopped. Everyone looked at him confused.

"Son, shake hands with Sydney." Alpha Loka said.

"I can't." He said.

He pulled his hand away. Everyone gasped.

"Why not?" Alpha Loka asked.

"She isn't my mate." Hunter said.

Everyone gasped louder. Hunter looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him. Alpha looked at me, and growled.

"This pack is going to fall!" Someone yelled.

"Why would you fake it?" Another person yelled.

Everyone started yelling at each other. Fights started happening. I looked around. I didn't know what to do.

"Stop! Please!"Isabella screamed.

I looked back up, and Alpha was staring at me. Sydney walked up to him, and looked at me. He pointed at me.

"It's time to go." I said.

"Why?" Sophie asked.

I looked at Sydney. She nodded and walked off the stage and into the crowd.

"I got a she wolf coming for me." I said.

I got up and starting walking away. I walked as fast as I could. Sydney attacked me from the back and got me on the ground.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed.

She tried punching me, but I rolled out of the way. I kicked her feet from under her. She fell to the ground. I got up and started running. Once I got far enough, I took my heels off. I threw them on the ground and kept running. I didn't stop until I got to my apartment. Once I got to my door, I unlocked it and ran in. I locked my door, and leaned against the door. I slid down until my butt hit the floor. What was I going to do? I sat there thinking about what to do. Hours went by. I then thought of a idea, but I didn't like it.