Chapter 30: The treaty

*A month later.*

I woke up to a cold feeling. I opened my eyes and saw the wall. I rolled over and reached my hand over to the other side of the. All I could feel was cold. I sighed; Hunter had to go out again.  I rolled onto his side of the bed and stretched out.  I hugged into his pillow and inhaled his smell. After another half an hour of lying down, I finally got up. I quickly made the bed up and headed to the bathroom. I walked in and found the bath tub was full of water. Some towels were folded on the toilet seat and soap was laid out. A note was folded on top of the towels. I grabbed it and opened it.

"Aurora, I have to go out for this morning. I will be back by lunch hour. I ran you a hot bath because I knew you would be getting up soon. Have a good day love. ~Hunter."  Read the note.

I placed the note onto the counter. I put my hand into the water and felt it was still hot. I quickly stripped out of my clothes and hopped into the tub. I tied my hair up and relaxed. Over the past month, I started school again. Hunter stuck to me like glue at school. The only time he would leave me was when we didn't have class together. Hunter treated me like a princess, which I didn't mind. I loved everything he would do for me. Before I knew it, the water had turned cold. I quickly scrubbed myself and got out. I drained the tub and grabbed one of the towels. I wrapped it around myself and headed out into the closet. I changed into some comfy clothes and put the towel back in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and my hair. I then left the room and headed downstairs.

As I walked down the hallway, I felt something was off. I didn't hear the music from Mandy's room. It was quiet. I just shrugged it off and walked down the stairs. There was also no noise coming from downstairs.  I walked around the corner and into the kitchen. There was no one to be seen. I sighed loudly, and started making myself breakfast. As I ate, I felt strange. This house was never quiet. It creeped me out very much. Once I had finished breakfast, I walked over to the kitchen sink. I went to put the plate in the sink, and the lights cut out. I dropped the plate on the floor and screamed. I saw nothing but darkness.

"Hunter? Is that you?" I called out.

He didn't answer. I said his name again and heard nothing back. I walked into the living room. It was brighter than the kitchen. As I went to pull the curtains back, the lights came back on. I looked around and saw no one else was in the room. I walked back into the kitchen and looked down at the broken glass. I cleaned up the mess and threw the broken pieces away. I sat back down on a stool and sighed. I had nothing to do. I looked up at the clock and saw it was only 10. Hunter wouldn't be back for a couple of hours.

"You should clean. Mate will love it." Ella said.

I got onto my feet at her words. I started doing the dishes and tried to make myself busy.  Before I knew it, I had cleaned the whole kitchen.  I made my way into the living and dusted. I cleaned everything and anything I could. I swept the floor downstairs. I looked up at the clock again. It was only 10:30. I growled at the clock, and made my way to the stairs. I ran up the stairs with the broom and swept the long hallway. I walked back downstairs and threw away the dust. I put the broom away and ran back up the stairs. When I got to the top of the stairs, I noticed something at the end of the hallway. I couldn't make it out from far away.  I walked down the hallway and towards the object. I looked down and saw it was a book. I picked the book up and looked at it.

"Must be from the study." I thought to myself.

I looked down the hallway and saw the study room door was opened. A chill ran down my spine. I walked towards the room and walked in. No one was in the room. I sighed with relief.  As I walked deeper into the room, I noticed the window was open was wide open.