STARGAZER

For as long as she could remember, the great open ocean had been part of Alice Stone's life.

In District Four - the fishery of Panem – there are a select few families who run the deep-sea trawlers and the Stone family is one of them. Most of Alice's life has been spent surrounded by the endless cerulean sea, away from the broken politics of Panem. The only time Alice is faced with reality is when their catches are brought into the docks or when anything remotely to do with the Hunger Games forces them to be dragged back onto the mainland.

So when the 34th Hunger Games brings Alice Stone back to the shores of District Four for the dreaded reaping day, the odds seem to be in her favour. Her district is filled to the brim with teenagers and her name is only in the reaping ball 4 times; her chances are low but are the odds really in the favour of Alice Stone, the fisherman's daughter from District Four?

 Her district is filled to the brim with teenagers and her name is only in the reaping ball 4 times; her chances are low but are the odds really in the favour of Alice Stone, the fisherman's daughter from District Four?

— • —

The Hunger Games based fanfiction by warpdrive © 2013-2014

STARTED ; September, 2013
COMPLETED ; March 25th, 2014

Author's Note:
For years I have wanted to rewrite this story into 3rd person and I started to do it (the prologue has been rewritten). although since i'm a stressed 19 year old who spends most of her time crying about uni and running a mildly successful tumblr blog, i haven't gotten around to finishing the rewrite. so just a word of warning, 90% of the story is a first draft probably filled with errors and written in cringy 1st person
- Ted