ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
❝Together: Part Two❞

— • —

"Moss!" I gasped, the shock of the last few moments started to be processed in my mind.

"What was that for?" Eric asked.

"He was a threat. I exterminated that threat." Moss's eyes showed no remorse. He tilted his head to the side, "Allies Four? Clover and I need some other company."

"Where is she?" I questioned.

"Clover! You can come out now!" Moss called into the cavern. From the path opposite where we were Clover's small figure came out of the darkness. She was covered in mud just like moss though her mud was stained with blood.

"What happened to you to?" I stood up, walking towards Clover. I grabbed her hands and examined her limbs. She had been cut by a knife on the shoulder. It wasn't deep but guesses were that it hurt.

"After our little run in during the bloodbath I met up with Clover at the base of the slope." Moss walked over to Clover and I, Eric quickly followed, "We ran into the guy from Three. He had some fight but not enough."

"You killed him?" Eric sounded weary.

"Had to mate." Moss shrugged, "Hurt my sister."

"Is that how you got that cut Clover?" I asked her.

"Yes Alice." She nodded, "It hurts a lot."

I frowned, looking at the cut. "We need to wash the mud off you and clean the cut. We don't have anything we can use as a bandage but it's shallow enough to heal by itself." I smiled at Clover, "That sound ok?"

"Thank you." Clover mirrored my smile. I then guided her over to the pool of water, using my bottle to pour water over Clover. Her clothes were caked in mud but that all quickly came off, it was lucky that the jacket was waterproof otherwise Clover would have shivered herself to death. When all the mud was off I wiped the wound clean and dried Clover off.

"We should get you cleaned up to." I gestured to Moss.

"I'm fine." He grunted.

"Look, If you want to be an ally with us a condition is that you are mud free." I folded my arms, smirking towards him.

"Fine." Moss sighed, walking past me and through the tunnel the river went through, "I'm going for a swim."

That left Eric and I with Clover. Without the mud plastered on her she looked quite like the twins back on the Stargazer. She was tiny, pale and didn't speak much. I was kneeling down beside her when I heard her stomach rumble. "Do you want some food?" I asked her. Clover nodded. I smiled at her, walking over to my backpack and grabbing out a sachet of dried food. I tossed it to Clover and she opened it up with excitement. Inside the packaging were dried fruits and nuts.

"Thank you." She whispered before digging into her food.

Leaving her to it I walked over to the expanse of the cavern to where Eric was perched on a rock. I sat down on the rock next to his, "Should we set up camp here?"

Eric shrugged, "It will do for today. Tomorrow I want to move along, explore the rest of the arena."

"We'll do that as soon as we get all our energy back." I agreed with him.

"What about them?" Eric gestured towards the direction of Clover, "Should we trust them?"

I thought for a few moments, "Millie told me that they would be good allies. I like Clover and well... Moss is a bit strange but a few days with him won't hurt."