Episode 3: Hush Little Baby!

The nights of the summer of 1976 seemed as they would never end. Fire spread with utter fury and sheer horror took over Dresdon. The painful cries of the children, the sound of the glass being smashed into smithereens, the high pitched screams of the elderly and the fearful yelling of the tyrants; It was a disastrous sight. My heart beat faster than usual, skipping beats and sending shivers down my spine, as my stare struck the ghostly pale complexion of my mother, blood oozing out of her taut muscles through the bullet wound that caused her great agony.

"If I die tonight...", my mother was struggling to speak. I could feel the secret agony of her soul and her heart beat getting slower and slower. "You are going to be okay mother!", for the first time in history, I interrupted her while she was speaking. But the world 'okay' seemed almost impossible to pronounce but somehow I had managed to say it, struggling with reality.

My dad left us, the day I was born and now I couldn't bear to lose my one and only source of solace and comfort - my mother, who lay practically dead in my lap like a mere corpse.  "Listen...Lis...Listen....", and then everything was a blur; the oppressors, the oppressed ones, almost everything stopped before my eyes as my mother lay idle in my lap. She was gone, my mother. I let her die in my arms! I never had the slightest idea that she would leave me just like that. The truce of revenge flashed in my memory like a spec of cotton that disappears in the light breeze during a windy Saturday night in June.

When I regained consciousness, there stood he, the same brute who had shot my mother earlier. Beads of revenge formed in my heart and I surged forward to get hold of the pistol that lay useless beside one of the dead cops. But my surge, precisely my pace was much slower than my mind could accept. "I will purge! I'll kill all of you!", I blurted. And the same instant, one of the sleeper cells did what he was trained to do - suicide bombing! After which the sun bright yellow and the crimson red gaze surrounded me.