Chapter 5

Padme sighed, "Do I go to the castle or do I just go deeper in the forest and hope someone will help me?" she asked herself. She decided to go back to the castle and go around to go through the back entrance. She started moving through the brush. Twigs and branches scraped her arms and legs. She had been fast walking for twenty minutes and needed to sit. She found a large rock that was out of sight. She sat down.

"Well this was not how I thought this day was going to go." She mumbled to herself. Her baby shifted inside of her and with all the force, started to kick. Padme fell to the ground, curled over in pain. She didn't scream, for fear someone would find her. She sat there in pain for a few minutes. As the kicking stopped, she stood up and moved on. She came to a clearing and smoke was coming from atop the castle.

There were more battle droids and she looked at her belt. Her gun was still there. She snuck to the back door. She unholstered her gun. She held it out in front of her. She sneaked through the halls of the castle. As she turned a corner, a battle droid was all by himself, she quickly shot him down before he said or alerted anyone. She crept into her old bedroom. She peeked in. Her mother was in there tied up and surrounded by three battle droids. Padme shot the three droids and went to her mother.

"Thank goodness you are alright! Where did you go? I was so worried." Her mother rambled.
"Why are they here?" Padme asked firmly.
"Because of the senate. They didn't want anyone who didn't vote for Order 66 to not get reelected. News got out and they are here."
Padme dropped her shoulders, "They are here because of me? Because of my decision?" she stammered. She untied the roped at her mother's wrists. Under her coat, her mother pulled out a small gun.

"Let's make them pay for what they did." Her mother said. She had changed her personality. Instead of being sweet and loving, she was angry and wanted revenge. She went into the big room and started shooting at a group of droids holding hostages. Padme pulled her mother behind a flipped couch for cover.
"Are you crazy!? You can't take them on alone. There are too many of them."

"Padme I am getting old. If my people need me, I will die fighting for them. I'm going to create cover fire for you to leave." She said. She rose from behind the couch and shot furiously. As Padme did the same, her mother kicked her behind the legs causing her to buckle and fall.
"What are you doing!?" Padme yelled.
"GO NOW!" her mother yelled to Padme. Padme ran as fast as she could to the hangar bay. She glanced back and her mother was being shot repeatedly, she fell to her knees and collapsed.

"NO!" Padme screamed. She started firing as much as she could at those droids. A shot hit her in her stomach as she fell over. Fearing the same fate as her mother, Padme laid there on the ground. All of the firing stopped. Padme's body was frozen and being lifted. She opened her eyes and saw the black figure. They dropped her on the ground from the air and Padme's eyes filled with blackness.