Chapter 7

SCRATCH. SCRATCH. SCRATCH. Padme woke up. SCRATCH. SCRATCH. SCRATCH.

She followed the noise. Padme pressed her face against the window in the hatch door. A small astromech droid slipped a message through the cracks of the ship. She decoded the message the droid was saying.

I have come to recuse you. It is very dangerous mission, my master sent me. Come.

Padme stomach was filled with butterflies. She needed to get the chain off. She remembered her hair and took a bobby pin. Just like back on Geonosis, she fiddled with the lock and it snapped off. He gently laid down the collar. As she asked the droid what to do, he told her to hold her breath. She took a deep breath and dropped through the hatch door. She fell into a bag and a personal atmosphere kicked in. The droid immediately strapped an oxygen mask to her. He carried Padme in his personal atmosphere gravitational pull, to prevent the vacuum of space from killing her. They sped through space, the cold nipping at where Padme had no clothes.

The rips in her clothes were not help, revealing much of her and her burn wound. The droid flew to a ship, which opened its hatch. The droid forced her up and shut the hatch. Padme's vision became blurry. She was pulled up out of the hatch by strong arms and was laid on a soft bed. A soft hand touched her face as she was being hooked up to a heartbeat monitor. Lips touched her cheek and a tear fell onto her face.

"W-who are you?" Padme stammered. Her eyes focused in the the most beautiful thing she wanted to see. Anakin. His face was wrinkled with worry and his eyes were watering.
"Padme, what happened to you? Why are you like his? Who did this to you?" he asked. Padme pointed to her stomach.

"Look," she whispered. Anakin pulled up his wife's shirt to reveal the most heartbreaking thing any father would not want to see. His wife's stomach was bruised, swollen, red and extremely burned. She was in very bad shape. Anakin walked away for a second, and Padme started to bawl. Anakin raced back.

"I set coordinates for Coruscant. I am going to help you. You need to just stay strong, " he sniffled, "Stronger than you have been. Please don't give up, I need you."

"How...did...you find me?" She whispered.
"I heard your cry for help Padme. I was on the planet below and I felt something. A tremor in the force told me it was you, and where you were. I send R2 to get you to be less suspicious so you wouldn't get caught, so you wouldn't be killed."

"Thank, you....I love...you." She stammered as she slipped into a sleep. Anakin checked the heartbeat monitor. It was still beeping steadily. He put his head in is his hands. Tears flooded his face. Why did this have to happen to Padme? She didn't deserve any of this, no one did.

He went back to the hatch door to check on R2. He had brought another thing back. It was a capsule. Anakin took the capsule back to Padme's side. He held his wife's hand and opened the capsule. Inside were two pieces of paper that wrapped something. He carefully unwrapped the papers and looked at them. They seemed to be letters. As he looked back into the capsule, something was left in it. The necklace he had given Padme. This was from Padme, before I rescued her. This is why R2 knew exactly knew where she was. He smiled and walked back into the cockpit.