What is YWC?

In short: Young Writers Club is just that, a young writers club. An online writers group for teens all over the world to share their work and meet other people from around the world that share a passion for writing. It's not a club in the traditional sense, there's no initiation or signing up, if you are writing on Wattpad and are under the age of 18 you are already a member! Welcome! We're so glad you found us. 

1/3 of Wattpad's 40 million users are under the age of 18. Despite being a fairly large proportion of this website's demographic, it still feels like we'll never get noticed sometimes. We want to change the way people look at young writers, see us as more than "lazy teenagers" and see what we can do.

Hi. We're Brooke and Beck. Two friends from opposite sides of a continent brought together by one thing, Wattpad. It's crazy that if it hadn't been for this little orange website we never would've met, and when I (Brooke) started this club back in 2013, that's what I was trying to do. Bring together young writers from around the world in a community built just for us. With Beck by my side, we've been able to create this place for writers under 18 everywhere to share their works, meet new people, and advance their craft.

We've worked to create a judgement free community to prove that young writers are just that, writers, and we can write just as well as any other user on this website. Here we host monthly contests; give interviews, book recommendations, and advice. A club of young people reading and writing together, and it grows bigger every day. It's kind of cool.

This is our advice book. Also where we post updates and long-form shout outs when they're needed. The essential guide for members of YWC, new people to Wattpad, and just young writers everywhere.