Eight

Visiting hours. That meant getting to sit down and tell my parents about my "progress" in here. "Brooke Delano, you have a visitor," Kaya called. I gave a forced smile to Delia before leaving my room. 

As  headed down the hallway, I heard Kaya say, "Mikey Murphy, you have a visitor."

I slid into a metal fold up chair across the table from my mom. "Hi, sweetie. How are you holding up?" She asked. She reached out and tucked a stray wisp of hair behind my ear.

"I want to come home. But I don't feel all that great," I admitted. 

My mom began to talk about something going on at home but I was eavesdropping on Mikey's visitation. 

A girl with hair a little darker than mine sat across the table from him. She folded her hands in her lap.

"Why are you here?" He asked. His face showed no emotion and his voice was monotone. 

"I-I wanted to see you. I wanted to make sure you were okay." Mikey's gaze softened a little bit. 

He spoke again, his voice sounding angry. "Well up until now you didn't care. You didn't care when you left me when I needed you most," He shot back.

The girl sat up a little straighter and blew some air out in between her teeth. 

This must be Griffin. 

*** 

I heard a slam. And two more. I sat up and looked at the clock on the wall which was protected by a metal cage.

6 am. I sat up and pushed my hair behind me. "What the hell is that?" Delia mumbled into her pillow. "I have no idea," I whispered. 

I quietly got up and tip toed to the door. 

"GOD DAMN IT LET ME GO HOME!!" I jumped back from the door in shock. Delia shot up from her bed. "What the actual fuck?" She whined. 

All 5 of the other patients were awake and poking their heads out of their doorways. "What is that?" Dixie asked. Eric shrugged.

All of a sudden, a chair came flying out of a room followed by a string of curse words. 

Mikey's room.

a/n: lol hi a lot of people read the first chapter and now only like 3 people are reading the rest i guess no one likes originality anymore lmao