v || stalking

I squinted at the fuel gauge as it flirted with the empty line. "I hate to throw a wrench in our momentum but we need petrol. Now," I explained, breaking Neville's concentration.

"Right. Forgot about that... This muggle thing is so...taxing...and time consuming."

Luckily, we were just outside of some town, so the car wouldn't have to be on empty for too long. We had been driving for a couple hours with no purpose and absolutely no idea where we were going to go or what we were going to do, despite the determination we drove away from my house with. 

I had my hair in a ponytail, which usually triggered the part of my brain that came up with decent ideas, but nothing came. Either I was out of juice or out of my element. Nevertheless, I was irritated. Of all the things that have failed me in the past, my brain wasn't one of them. At least until I met these two wizards...

Neville pulled into the petrol station and parked the car quite crookedly. "I guess I'm going to have to pump," I said with a sigh, climbing out of the car and doing what only muggles could do.

I filled the tank up, thankful for my mum's cash, and walked back to the window. "I'm parched and even though you guys are wizards, I'm pretty sure you get thirsty too," I said, motioning for them to come into the store with me.

They followed, reluctantly on Draco's part. The store was empty aside from the cashier and a boy near the drinks, which is where we were headed. I scanned the shelves for something that looked good and became so absorbed in the task--which happened to me often--that I didn't notice what was going on behind me.

Draco and Neville stood still, their mouths open wide. "What's wrong?" I asked, instantly on guard. I searched for something out of the ordinary but nothing stood out.

Then something happened that I never expected. Neville went up to the boy, Draco following. He had blonde hair, though it clearly wasn't natural since his eyebrows were dark. Nothing about him stood out but there was some recognition in Draco and Neville's faces so maybe he was a wizard.

"Harry?" Neville asked, confusion and awe coating the question.

The boy furrowed his brows. "Excuse me?"

"Harry... Is that you?" Neville asked again.

"My name is Thomas...," he explained, scratching his head. In the process, he'd moved his bangs slightly, revealing a particularly funny shaped scar underneath.

"You've even got the scar! You're Harry! Why are you lying to us?" Draco accused, his voice rising. 

I moved closer to the confrontation. The boy, who claimed to be Thomas, was looking less confused and more annoyed by the second. I decided to intervene. "I'm sorry. My friends are tired and apparently delusional. We've been driving all day, you see. Again, I'm really sorry. C'mon guys," I said, narrowing my eyes at them once I knew the boy couldn't see me. I took their drinks and headed to the checkout, paying for them and immediately stalking out of the store with two confused wizards behind me.

"Well, so much for being inconspicuous! Clearly the muggle world is making you two crazy!" I said once we got to the car.

"That was Harry. There is no way that it wasn't! He even had the lightening bolt scar on his forehead. The only things missing are his black hair and glasses," Neville said.

Draco nodded in agreement and crossed his arms over his chest. "He has to be lying."

"But, why would he do that? From what I've heard, he doesn't seem like that type of guy. And you all saw him die! I don't understand how this could even be possible," I said, though I hushed my voice at the end after seeing the boy leave the store. He gave us a look of suspicion but continued walking straight down the road.