Heka Headquarters

Mrs. Glory walked across the tan tiles with her black shiny heels, handing out the science test. Poppy hated the sound of her heels in fact she hated everything about Mrs. Glory. James started whispering to Jackson, and suddenly Mrs. Glory turned on her heels, with a noise that sounded like nails on a chalkboard, and screeched in her weird gravely voice, "Well, well Poppy what am I to do with you the moment I turn my back, you start jabbering away!" "But Mrs. Glory, that wasn't-" Poppy started "DON'T you talk back to me!" Mrs. Glory half screamed. This was why she hated her. "Now if there will be no more interruptions," she calmed her voice but still glared at Poppy. "You may begin the test." "1. What was the first known form of life on Earth." "what are we in third grade?" She muttered  under her breath. "This is so e-" "Poppy. Quinn. Rose. Stop this instant! You-" Mrs. Glory didn't get to finish her sentence, because Poppy blacked out. Now she didn't faint in fact this was fifth time that she had blacked out that week. She had never at school. Suddenly she found herself sitting in a field of Daisies. As  she watched the white crisp flowers turned violet then Deep purple to red. It happened over a course of seconds but everything  changed the once green trees became gray and lost their leaves, and the once gorgeous Blue sky became Pure white . The daisies then turned black. The whole world suddenly became black and white even a once red robin flew by. Black with a gray chest. Poppy looked down expecting to see the gray, white, and black tendrils curling around her legs, and spreading draining the color. Along with her happiness and for the earth to hold its breath, wind to hesitate, the birds to become self conscious of their singing, the daisies doing their waltz to come to a sudden stop. But instead the world continued to breathe. she looked down and saw she was the same. African sunset red hair, pale, freckled skin, the only thing that had changed was that she was now wearing a elbow length green flowy shirt, Creamy white Capris, and brown and gold sandals same as in the beginning of all her blackouts. Not at all like her regular, white T-shirt , ripped light jeans, and red high tops. Poppy bent down to touch one of the blackened daisies. Suddenly color exploded from her fingertip, spreading around the valley she looked in the distance and saw rolling green hills, and was drawn to them so she skipped through the flowers toward them. But, she heard a voice that sounded worried calling from what sounded like a far-off world "poppy!" Poppy?" Poppy's emerald green eyes popped open. "Wha- what?" "Poppy are you okay?" Emily asked her. Her gray-blue eyes full of worry. Emily was her twin but you wouldn't know it. Emily had blonde hair tanned skin, and was short. While Poppy had red hair, pale skin and was tall. "You passed out in class so I had to call mom and tell her what happened!" " you are home now but you were out for 3 hours!" Emily almost shouted. "That long?" She said still half asleep. "Poppy they are getting worse for both of us. I blacked out as soon as mom carried you up here I was out for two, maybe we should tell mom." Emily rushed. " Emily, I never asked you what happened in your blackouts. " Poppy said Changing the subject. " I-" she faltered. And gripped poppy's arm. Poppy's vision started to fade the small room with the small twin bed they were sitting on, with the green comfortable bed spread was disappearing too. "Another blackout? But I just woke up!" Poppy thought. Suddenly she was sitting on a picnic blanket on soft white sand. She look around and saw that she was on a beach " this is odd, I have never been here before!" Poppy said as she looked around. " Wait Poppy? What are you doing here?" Emily called as she waded out of the water. "Huh? Wait is this your usual blackout world?" Poppy said confused. " yes maybe you are here with me because I grabbed your arm?" Emily suggested " maybe" Poppy said unsure " ah here it is it took longer than usual" Emily said "what took long- oh, that happens to you to?" Poppy exclaimed as the once blue waves rolling in became black and the sky gray. " yep" Emily said shortly. " and this has only happened once before." She said pointing out the fact that they were both in colorful clothes and were very bold against the gray landscape. Poppy noticed that Emily was wearing a fitted blue elbow length shirt, that matched her eyes, and light brown shorts. Poppy was wearing the same thing as she had in her other blackouts. " okay one thing and then we will be out of here." Emily smoothly said. She bent down to the soft sand and picked up a once pink shel that was now pure white and tossed it into the waves a rainbow like arch came shooting up behind it and sprinkling down to the sand and began spreading. The shel landed with a plop and instantly the ocean was blue again. Then Emily started walking toward a sail boat, but the waves seemed to be calling, "Emily, Poppy! Wake up!" They soon realized it was their mom. And were shaken awake. The next day they both went to school. And the day continued normally with a little more coldness from Mrs. Glory. But that coldness was paired with a smug smile at the end of the day poppy found out why. "Poppy will you come here" she said as everyone was was filing out of the class room. "For pretending to faint" she spat the last word "just so you could get out of a test,  you will have detention starting Monday  after school. Do you understand me?" Mrs. Glory at the last words she bent down and talked like poppy was a preschooler. "Yes ma'am" Poppy said in an equally annoying voice and then she turned on her heel and walked out of the room without being dismissed. She knew she would pay for it later but she didn't care. Once she got outside she ran to catch up with Emily. "What was that about?" She questioned me. "Detention" Poppy growled "from Monday till Friday." Emily perked up. "That's perfect!" Poppy sent her a half confused half annoyed look. "Because," she said rolling her eyes "I have golf after school everyday this week after school in the field right across the way so we can still walk home together!" Emily sputtered her eyes shining. "That's fantastic" Poppy said sarcastically. Poppy's twin was completely different Emily was great at all subjects and played golf while poppy was only good at writing, and art. "Whatever at least it's Friday!"
                            *