Part 3

Poppy couldn't sleep. She was afraid to admit it, but she was scared. Poppy was afraid of the silver lady of course, but it was that fact that she was scared that haunted her the most. her grandpa used to tell her that fear was a weakness all humans had. And he would give anything for fear not to exist-because that was what had stopped him for going back for grandma when she was trapped in the car when the hurricane was coming. He was to far away and afraid of it so he ran inside and watched as the car was swept away along with his heart. The moments when she thought of things like that, were times where she wished she could just snap her fingers and freeze time, to set it right again. But that kind of thing only happened in X-Men movies and cartoons and fictional books. She knew there wasn't anyway she could change anything and she just had to be confident and brave. But in order to do that she needed something to defend herself with. So she threw the sheets off herself and slipped into her fuzzy green frog slippers walked across her room and creaked the door open to the hall way. quietly padding down the dark hallway she noticed that it was eerie, almost like it was abandoned. But as she reached the silent shadowed stairs she heard the hum of the dishwasher and quietly proceeded down the stairs or as quietly as she could until one of her slippers came loose cause her to trip and fall. As she braced her self for the hard tiled floor of their kitchen, she told her self not to be afraid. That was when she noticed to was floating. Well...almost, it was more like she froze herself but that was when she realized that the dishwasher had stopped, well, she told herself, it must have finished. But, as she looked around, she realized a moth was just floating. Not even fluttering its wings. Then she noticed her neck was cramping, and she was still in the same position as before. As she cautiously got up and looked around she realized her mom was sitting at the kitchen table but she was completely still Poppy walked around to face her. But as she got there she saw three perfectly shaped tears completely still on her moms flushed cheeks Poppy didn't understand why her mom was crying but she thought it was best to leave it alone. She turned to look for what she really came for, a kitchen knife. She grabbed it, and was about to go back to her room when she remembered the whole, everything being frozen thing. She tried willing it back, clapping then she tried snapping her fingers, and then the stuffy silence seemed to vanish in a instant. She creeped back up the stairs, about to head to her room but she decided to check on Emily first. Switching directions, she went to Emily's room. She opened the door, stepped inside, only to have her mouth be covered by an unnaturally pale hand.

*

Emily awoke to someone opening her window and letting cold air sweep the room she looked up expecting to see her mom telling her to get up and get ready for school. But instead it was a strange women a weird women all in silver she realized this must be a dream and fell back on her pillow only to realize who the women was. She was the women who had kidnapped her friends, and she was probably going to kidnap her! Wow great job you must be genius to have that out! 
"Don't scream!" The lady whispered. She told Emily her name. "Silveah? Wait... Your not joking? But seriously Silveah?" She said forgetting why she was scared . Silveah or whatever her name was responded to her comment with her own little fieriness. " it didn't used to be my name. My given name was Elizabeth." She said the words like they would give her nightmares for weeks to come. She quickly straightened and continued. "What kind of a name is Emily?- oh no matter we will replace it with something more... Suiting." She said it with a kind of creepy grin that made Emily make a mental note not to get on her bad side. " what do you mean suiting? Suiting for what exactly?" Emily questioned her. " I will tell you, but I might as well tell your sister at the same time. Then she quickly rushed to the door as Poppy came in. She quickly covered Poppy's mouth. And explained everything to her  and Emily listened. " when I was young, around your age, I started to notice I was..." She took a deep breath before continuing " a little different then the other kids. I could run faster than the other kids. I could run faster than any of the girls or boys. I liked sitting outside on particularly windy days. These weren't that weird but then a series of," Silveah looked like she wanted to stop there but she continued. " incidents happened. Our neighbors house had caught on fire and I was climbing the tree next to their house. I saw one of the neighbors trapped in his room I wasn't thinking I just jumped an impossible distance to his window and grabbed him I was about to jump back to the tree with him, but I... Slipped." She took a deep breath. " I... I dropped him. And as I was diving after him I saw his daughter. She was my best friend at the time. She was also trapped, but she was on the second floor. So I had a choice. Either way one would die. But I foolishly believed that Her father might somehow survive the fall. So I... I went for my friend." Her voice cracked at the last part. I saved her but she was so angry with me that I saved her instead of her dad that she, said she hated me and never wanted to be my friend again. And she stayed by her vow. I was left friendless." She quickly cleared her throat, probably realizing how fast that had escalated and wiped away a few stray tears and she glared at them like it was her courage trying to escape. Reminding her of Poppy. She worried for her twin. One day she wondered if all of the fear and doubt she had bottled up like a soda bottle would just explode if someone shook her hard enough. She wondered what that would do to Poppys sanity. It couldn't be good. Emily wiped away some of the liquid courage trying to escape her too. "Anyway about a year later my instructor came to me and took me to Heka- a place where no one thought I was weird. And a place where I could train and become stronger." She paused to let that sink sink in. " but for reasons I can not tell you now, my instructor is... Gone and so... so is everyone else." Emily saw more of the courage leaving Silveah. "But I have come to collect you two. So I can rebuild Heka to its former glory. I have already got the five other girls who have abilities. I will have to leave you for a while though, at our temporary home for I have to search for seven more brats." Silveah seemed to realize what she said and covered it with a not-so-convincing cough. " I mean um.... talented children." Poppy and Emily shared a glance. "So what do you say? Will you join me?" Silveah said. "Of course!" Poppy jumped on the opportunity. But Emily wasn't so sure what about their mom? Silveah seemed to read her mind. " I will alter their memories and set up clones to take your places. That made Emily feel a little better. " come on Em... Please?" Poppy pleaded with her huge green doll eyes. Emily rolled her eyes. "Fine" but not so far underneath she was already regretting her decision.