Chapter 4

One week, then two, came and went by quickly. Regina started working full shifts again at the office, and she almost felt like she was her old self again. But every night she'd come home to Emma and they would watch movies or play games together. The mayor noticed Emma would talk about Henry less and less. He was always out somewhere. She stopped asking her questions about him as well. This should be a relief, but it worried Regina a lot. She really didn't know Emma, and this could be the calm before the storm.

"Madame Mayor I needed those tax documents yesterday!" Sidney burst into the office, pacing back and forth. Regina let out a deep breath and rubbed her temples. Her mind was on other things and she couldn't focus. "I'm sorry, Sidney. I'll get them to you as soon as I can." She said through gritted teeth.

Graham came into the room quickly, out of breath. "I need you down at the hospital. Now." He said. Regina immediately stood up and grabbed her coat, following the sheriff out and leaving a rattled Sidney behind. "What is it?" She asked once they were in the car. Graham just shook his head and turned on his lights, stepping on the gas.

The car screeched to a halt in front of the emergency part of the hospital and Graham led the way inside. She stopped as she saw Emma surrounded by doctors and aggressively swinging an IV pole at them. "Miss Swan, please calm down!" Whale tried to grab the object but the blonde took a swing that nearly hit him. "I want to see my son! Where is Henry? You took him!" She screamed.

"Emma!" Regina called out. The woman looked over and when she saw her she immediately dropped the pole and came over, hysterical. "Regina something happened with Henry they brought him here I saw it and now they're lying and won't let me see him!" She panicked. "Emma. Emma calm down." Regina said gently.

"Miss Swan, Henry isn't real. We've never seen your son before." Whale said. "Regina is his mother!" Emma yelled at the doctor. She turned to the mayor and grasped her hands in her own. "Please Regina, tell them. Tell them the truth. Henry brought me here to Storybrooke and he's your son. Please."

Regina looked at the blonde sadly, tears filling her eyes. This was the moment she was dreading. She never should have let her stay or pretended for so long. "Emma he's not real. I don't have any children. You showed up on my doorstep one night and I let you stay because I wanted to help you. I'm sorry."

Emma pulled away from her, tears streaming down her face. "You're lying. He's real. My son is real. He was brought here. You did this. You hurt him. I knew from the minute I saw those bruises that something was wrong. And now he's- you evil bitch!"

The brunette was knocked to the ground and Emma climbed on top of her, nails scratching her face before she wrapped her hands around her throat. Regina clawed at the hands, gasping for air. Graham quickly sprang into action, and with Whales' help they pulled Emma off of her. "I trusted you! You were my friend! I hate you! I hate you!" She screamed over and over. Then she started clutching her stomach and crying out in pain. "It hurts!" She moaned.

Graham helped her up and they watched as Whale stuck a needle into the blonde's arm. Emma went limp, and she was taken to the back room. "Are you alright?" Whale asked, examining Regina. "I'm fine. I knew I shouldn't have let her stay with me. I just- I saw something in her and I thought I could break through that wall." She started to cry, and Graham put his arm around her.

"Madame Mayor." Regina turned to see Gold limp into the hospital. Whale handed her a tissue and she wiped her eyes. "Yes?" She said. "I found a phone number for Neal Cassidy, as well as a location. He is located in Boston." The man handed her a sheet of paper. "Thank you." Regina took out her phone and started to dial the number.