2. Sacrifice

It had gone an hour when Legolas showed the first signs of awakening. The rain was still wetting their clothes, and the dirt was pure mud, wetting Aragorn's clothes into his bare skin.

Legolas eyes moved under his eyelids, and a small sigh escaped his lips. Aragorn had never left Legolas side, and was quickly awake when the elf began to stir in his lap.

"Legolas?" He whispered gently, not wanting to make the headache he knew the elf had, worse.

"Aragorn?" He mumbled sleepily and made a move to raise his arm, before he moaned at the pain and quickly laid it back down.

"Your arms were broken.." Explained the ranger simply and the elf nodded a little.

"I can feel that..."

"How are you feeling?" Aragorn asked and pushed the hair further out of Legolas face, the same action he had been doing all night. A thunder was heard, followed by a lightning. The light made Legolas squeeze his eyes shut, then open them again.

"Except for the pain...fine."

The ranger chuckled a little. The elf could be crushed by a troll, and still be 'fine'.

"Why don't I believe you?"

"Paranoid?"

Aragorn chuckled a little, but quickly stopped when he saw a grimace of pain on the elf's face. He concerned reach to take Legolas hand, which the elf squeezed hard.

"I'm here Legolas ssshh.."

"Aragorn it hurts so bad..."

"It will be over soon. We are soon in Lothlorien. Haldir and his people will help you..."

Suddenly the ranger realise how dark it had become, and was wondering where the fellowship was. If they even was following him, and...it they were alive. Aragorn angry pushed those thought away. They was alive, and on their way.

He felt the ground shake, and a groan escaped Legolas lips. He realised with fear that he completely forgot about the orc's that was on their way. Judging by the shaking in the ground, they were close.

"Legolas, we need to get out of here!" He whispered and quickly rose to his feet, with Legolas in his arms. The elf prepared to scream but held it back, not wanting to show the orc's where they were. Instead he moaned quietly when Aragorn tried to move him as painless as possible.

The ranger looked behind the tree just an arrow stuck it. He drew back, and sighed a sigh of relief. It didn't last long when he realised that he had been seen.

He turned around, and began to run into the forest. Not Lothlorien, but it will have to be enough right now. They need somewhere to hide, and quickly.

He jumped over a fallen tree, but unfortunately he slipped on it and fell. The rain had made it slippery.

He immediately turned to his side so he wouldn't crash Legolas when he landed, which resulted in him landing on his right shoulder. A pain spread quickly and the ranger bit back a scream. He knew it was knocked out of its socket, and he took a deep breath to think. It was his sword arm. He couldn't use his sword now.

He quickly sat up, and to his horror the elf lay beside him again, unmoving. He realised he must have dropped him as they fell.

His head snapped towards the loud footsteps and screams. He needed to think quickly. As the orc's was right behind the fallen tree the ranger acted.

Whispering a quiet apology he grabbed the elf's shoulders and dragged him with him so they sat together, tight pressed against the fallen tree, the elf over the ranger's knees, the ranger leaned over him. Maybe to protect him from the orc's, or from the rain. Or both.

Legolas screamed out in pain, but Aragorn already held his hand over his mouth just in case,muffling the sound.

He put a finger over his lips when Legolas eyes snap open in fear. The elf relaxed at once in Aragorn's firm grip, and they focused on breathing as quietly as they could.

The rain fell right on them, making their clothes soaking wet and dirty as they sat in mud. The ground was slippery, and Aragorn fought to stay on his knees.

"Find them! Spread out!" An Orc screamed out and Aragorn's grip tighten around the fragile body.

"Leave me Aragorn..." Legolas whispered suddenly in the man's ear, and Aragorn turned panicked eyes to the elf.

"What? No." He whispered back, taking one limp hand in his own, stroking it, his other arm holding the elf against him. He wouldn't let go for anything.

"You have to. I'm no use anymore..." He swallowed hard and took a shuddering breath. "I'm dying..."

"Not while I'm here." Aragorn whispered soothingly, and the elf gave the human a small smile.

"Let them find me. Then they won't search for you anymore.."

"I won't leave you Melamin. Ever." The man whispered sternly, and Legolas smiled a little. (My love)

"I volunteered to go on this quest because you was going..." The elf choked out, feeling blood rising in his throat, and swallowed hard.

"I knew you could protect me if needed it, and you know I would always do the same." As he whispered, mud and stones fell from the tree above them. An Orc stood right above them, but couldn't see them. Yet.

"I know you would." The human whispered back, squeezing the cold hand. He wiped away the mud that had fallen on Legolas cheek, before leaning down to press his lips to Legolas, asking for nothing in return. He just wanted to feel his lips one more time.
But Legolas responded, and they kissed for about 5 seconds.

"But now it's my turn." He lay Legolas body down in the leaves, checking if he lay as comfortably as he could, and before Legolas could even reach out for the ranger he had began to run, shouting to get the orc's attention.

The orc's pointed and screamed, before running after the human, holding their daggers and bows high in the air, shooting after him.

Legolas tried to scream, he tried to rise from the ground, but all his strength was just gone. The only thing he could do was turn his head and see the orc's backs disappear behind the hills. If he only had his bow right now, but it was probably still back in Moria.

He felt the tears begin to form in his throat. His lover had ran away to trick the orc's away from himself, and he couldn't do anything. He couldn't do anything...

His tears fell together with the rain.
He felt so helpless, and the only thing he could do now was to lie here and wait for his ranger to come back.

Alive.

Please review what you think, and please tell me if you see any spelling mistakes <3