Chapter 2 - The gold of the north

I don't know how long we spent living in that field nobody came to take us in, no ancient, no prehistoric... I guess it's because we weren't exactly ancients and neither were we modern so those "adoption" rules didn't exactly apply to us...

After a while we just got up and started looking for civilization and we came across a settlement. The people took us in since they thought that we were abandoned children.

Throughout the years I learned quite a lot about the people there and how they lived, but the most interesting thing was that their money mostly came out from a thing called Amber or "the gold of the north".
It was basically fossilized tree resin but people from all over Europe would come to us to buy little polished pieces of it.

Soon this created the amber road which started in today's Italy and ended in St. Petersburg.

One time even Rome came to buy some amber, he was a weirdo...

~flashback~

I was walking on the beach waiting for the ships to come back when a guy in a Roman armor and a red cape, came up to me and smiled. Weirded out I started walking away but he started following me. 

When I entered the gates he was still there a few steps behind me. Since I didn't know what to do I stopped and turned around to face him.
"Excuse me but may I ask you who are you and why were you following me?" I said in a strong but quiet voice.

"So you are a personification! You're such a cutie!!!" He said before trying to tackle me. I grabbed him by one of his arms and tried to twist it but he pointed his sword at my neck.
"So you're the feared Roman empire" I said mockingly before letting go and smiling.
"Yup~" he replied before putting his sword away "wait... You know about the whole personification crap?... But you haven't met your ancient yet!"
"The elder realized that we're not growing and dug around for clues why, her biggest clue was a merchant from Greece that knew about the personifications. After that I payed more and more attention to all the stories the merchants brought."
I explained.
"So one was about me! Right?" He asked annoyingly
"Yes there was a few about you..." Even though my patience was slowly running out I kept a calm smile and  voice. Suddenly his annoying smile turned into a caring one
"You'll be a great country" he exclaimed before trying to tackle me again

"Huh?" This time I didn't grab him because of the shock but another hand caught him before he even could touch me.

"No she won't" said the one that was holding Rome. She had brown hair similar to mine braided up into a braided halo. Her cream tunic was beautifully decorated with golden elements. But the weirdest thing was that she was floating about 20 centimeters off the ground and her eyes were emitting a bright green glow.

"Monday you'll be great but hardly known
Tuesday everything will slowly fall
Wednesday you'll have to leave the ones you love
Thursday you'll return but not the same as once
Friday darkness will befall
Saturday red light will light all
Sunday you'll be free again...

But at what cost?"

The woman said in a mysterious voice before falling to the ground. Rome caught her and sighed
"A prophecy... This one sounded pretty grim... Normally her prophecies are happy... Well I probably should take her back... Good luck kiddo see you soon~" He said before walking away.

For a second I just stood there paralyzed but I heard the streets wake up signalling that the boys have returned. I turned around and started running to the beach only glancing back for a second to see that they were already gone...

🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱

Admin: Sorry for the delay...
My mom took my phone away!!!
I'm a bad author-chan...

Florka: Yup~

Admin: *goes to the emo-corner*

Rome: Florka! You made her sad!!!

Florka: sorry...

Admin: *sniff* it's ok...

Florka: but! You're going to be updating twice a week from now on right?

Admin: Yup! It's going to be A- mhmmmhm

Florka: *covering admin's mouth* don't say that word!

Rome: *clears his throat* This lazy author here does not own Hetalia or it's characters

Florka: But she owns me!

Admin: See you soon~

(Check out my new one shot for 9/11 called "9/11")