You know the rules-Fashion before love

"One more." I said and Layla rolled her eyes.
"You already drank all the coffee we had in the house." She said.
"Well, go buy some more." I commanded.
"Sure. I just need to find a shop that works at 4 am." she said sarcastically.

It's already 4? I need to work harder.

The next morning

*Layla on the phone with Nathaniel - her boyfriend*

Layla: Yes. Yeah sure ... l can handle it. Okay love, see you next week. I miss you."

"What was that about?" I asked her.
"Oh, nothing much. Nate needs to stay in the USA a week longer .... some buisness issues."

"Are you okay with that? You guys haven't seen each other for a really long time."

"I'm fine."

I know she lied, but l wasn't going to argue.

It's time to see Dylan again. I put on my prettiest dress and elegant black heels.

"Good afternoon. Spencer...., was it?" Dylan tried to act spontaneous while guessing my name.

"Yes." I said with an obviously fake smile.

I put my expensive bag on the chair next to the one l was sitting on.

I looked again at his beautiful office. I'm telling you, this must have costed a fortune. He was looking at me and l was pretending l don't see him.

"So," he ended the uncomfortable silence, "did you talk to your sister?"

"Yes. We are more than happy to sign a contract with you."

He gave me a paper and l looked at it for a second. Then l saw Dylan's perfect smile.

I signed. He was staring at my eyes and l gave him that 'what do you want' look. He smiled again and l left the office.
Layla waited outside.

"Wanna go for a lunch? We gotta celebrate."
"I would rather celebrate with a party. But l'm starving, so why not."

A few minutes later we were on our way to the 'Gracy' restaurant.

I had that awful feeling that someone's staring at me, so l turned around. It was the boy who accidalentally knocked me down a few days ago when l was buying lemons.

"Hello." He said with a smile.
I just looked at him for a few moments with a surprise and raised my left eyebrow.
"Oh. I am sorry." He said and run away. (he didn't actually run , l mean there was too many people on the street - we could barely walk, but if it was possible he would).
I felt kindda sorry for him.

"Who was that?" Layla asked.
"I don't know." - l really didn't.

We continued our walk to the one of the best restaurants in Paris.

After we finished our lunch, some guy offered to pay the bill, but we said no. After a few minutes of begging us, we finally let him pay.

My name is Chuck, by the way.

"Well, thank you Chuck." I said.

"Any time, beautiful." He said and l was pleasured. He was wearing a matte black suit and had short black hair.
"Call me." He whispered in my ear.
I just looked at him and made the face impression that clearly says 'no way'.

He kissed my hand and left. Layla laughed and whispeared: "Disgusting." I agreed.

The 'Paris Fashion show' is next Saturday. We need to make three more outfits. It's not gonna be easy.

"Did you tell Nathaniel about the show?" I asked.

"No. I want it to be a surprise."