1

Bo sighed yet again in frustration. How was it it that she could open numerous jars of pasta sauce with her bare hands but she couldn't simply pop open her umbrella?

There was no point anyway. Her dark hair was already plastered to her head, little ringlet curls dancing in formation at the drying tips.

She had run underneath a shop roof for shelter when the sky had begun to pelt down little ice cubes and now she stood, shivering outside the vacated building. She debated whether to call a taxi or whether to avoid the awkward phone call and the whole 'please don't wet my seats' conversation and run all the way home instead.

Just then her phone began to ring and fumbling with wet hands, she managed to slide an index finger across the screen to answer it.

The shopping bags fell to the ground. The rucksack she had been holding suddenly found itself hugging the soggy pavement for affection.

"Hello?" she spoke into the phone, tugging stray hairs out from the side of her mouth. 

"Hi mum? Yes I'm fine. Just on my way home. I know. I know yes. I kno- Sorry. I know it's raining here too. Ok. I will do. Love you too. Bye."

She ended the call.

There was no use, Bo thought to herself, collecting her things from off of the ground. Nobody would let her in their car with the state she was in.

She folded her plastic shopping bags into her rucksack and zipped it up firmly. It was ok, she thought. She'd only brought a few things from the shop and none of them were fragile.

Slinging the rucksack over her back, she stepped out into the rain and made a run for it.